At first I thought it was just the season. Every year around this time, I get little shivers of excitement about fall and the beginning of the holiday season.
I love this time of year.
And if you know me or have read this blog for very long, you know I'm a Christmas junkie.
So when I started smiling a lot more and getting butterflies at random times and brimming over with joy, I just thought it was the season. And it is a little. I love fall and harvest, a month to focus on giving thanks and, of course, Christmas.
But that isn't all of it. This week especially, I have been filled to overflowing with JOY. Just plain joy.
Remember that song? "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart to stay. And I'm so happy. So very happy. I've got the love of Jesus in my heart!"
And that's what it is, really. Filled with the love of God and He keeps packing it in.
I've been in Bible study plenty of times in my life. I've been in a very in-depth one since Little Miss was born. For the first time, though, I've been able to go through the study myself during the week (not just going to listen once a week) and -shocker!-my life is changing.
"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 (FYI - the rest of this passage is incredible)
as I've been spending more time in the word, and, as a result becoming more connected to my Lord and Savior, I am brimming with joy.
Not to say hard days aren't still popping up or that life is perfect. But God is perfect and being drawn into His presence daily is more wonderful than anything in the world.
He loves His children and loves to bless us.
We're learning a little poem this week:
"The Lord is good to me,
and so I thank the Lord,
For giving me the things I need-
the sun, the rain, and the apple seed.
Oh, the Lord is good to me.
Amen!"
No comments:
Post a Comment