Saturday, October 6, 2012

Not Quite a Runner

I recently signed up with a friend to run my first 5k. Not a big deal, people do this every day, right? Of course right.
Except it is a big deal because I hate running! And I'm way out of shape!
So I downloaded a Couch 2 5K program onto my phone and have been running for about 5 weeks.
After today's 20 minute run, I realized I am not quite a runner. Yet. Not that crazy kind that actually craves a run. Not even close. How about you? Are you a runner or no?
Runner:
- Every time you are ready for a fun, a shiver of excitement courses through your being. You can't wait to run!
Not Quite a Runner:
- Every time you are ready for a run, you wander around the house doing random chores to avoid the run: laundry, dishes, flossing the dog's teeth...
Runner:
- Ahhh...the open road! The air! The sky! The feel of pavement pounding beneath your feet! Bliss!
Not Quite a Runner:
- I-am-gonna-die-I-am-gonna-die-I-am-gonna-die-I-am-gonna-die-I-am-gonna-die!
Runner:
-Oh boo! 20 miles already? I guess I better turn back...Nah! Just 2 more miles!
Not Quite a Runner:
-How many more seconds?! Are you KIDDING ME?!?!
Runners think things like, "I am stong! I am capable! I RUN!"
Not Quite Runners think things like, "My friend is right. It IS always the bodies of runners found in the woods! What am I thinking?"
And finally:
Runner to car: Poor person in car. Sitting on your kiester instead of letting your legs carry you to your destination! I wish you could feel as free as I do!
Not Quite a Runner to car: Hit me. Hit me please. Not hard enough to kill me. Just hard enough to make it so I can never run again!

No comments: