Saturday, August 18, 2012

I stand in awe of You


As I mentioned in my last post, the family and I were able to take a short vacation last week. We drove a few short hours to visit dear friends, then just a little more to visit Mr's grandparents. It was a wonderful week full of sweet memories.
We were able to drive to the coast for a few hours and I'm still soaking up the peace the ocean always gives me.
No other place in the world can pull my eyes directly to the awesomeness of my God like the coast. The majesty of the waves, the haunting cry of seagulls, the salty air, the mist; everything just evokes praise.
Each time I visit the ocean, I have a song I must sing to the Lord. I must. This time was no different. I am in awe of the way our Lord works things for the good of those who love Him.
I'm amazed at His creative Spirit.
His love.
His grace.
His full delight in His children enjoying His creation.
He taught me so much this week. So much more than I could ever explain. About my children. About my marriage. About me. But most importantly, He gently pulled my heart back to Him and reminded me that it is all about Him.
His plans. His heart. His Word.
I so needed that.
Yesterday my Mom had an appointment with her pulminologist and found that she has blood clots throughout her lungs. She has been feeling so well that we've all put the fact that she's sick in the back of our minds. The news yesterday brought us slamming back to reality.
My mama is sick. I hate it.
Her dr is shocked she's alive as it's apparent she's had these clots for a number of days. He chose to put her on blood thinners and keep her out of the hospital for now. We're grateful for the dr she has as we've learned he's one of the best - if not THE best- in the region. He cares for her and is interested in her best interest.
God knows the plans He has for my Mother. Plans to give her a hope and a future. Because she knows HIM, I am not afraid of tomorrow. Neither is she.
We trust Him because His promises are true.
We love Him because He first loved us.
He is so good. I am so grateful He sees fit to let us enjoy her longer before He brings her home. I am so grateful that He gave me a mother that loves Him and taught me from her knee about His promises.
I stand in Awe of you, Lord. I am in Awe of your goodness, mercy, grace, and love.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing your heart Betty. It's so encouraging to hear you praising God with thankfulness even in the midst of trial. It's beautiful to see your faith like that. Praying for your family and your Momma.