Well, for us anyway. Not sure how they felt having 5 extra people in their house. Especially after this incident.
We checked out their church (such a sweet body of believers!) and headed to lunch afterwards. 9 people and a dog in one house makes you like the idea of eating out. Plus chips and salsa always taste better with atmosphere and someone else cleaning up, don't ya think?
Anyway, allow me to set the scene:
Denise and C.R. on one end of a long table with a sleeping Little Bug in her arms. Sunshine, Fo, and Little Miss in the middle, hamming it up and enjoying one another as dear little friends do. Well, Sunshine and Little Miss were enjoying one another, Fo was just trying desperately to be acknowledged (as is the fate of little sisters).
Mr. and I sat on the other end with our backs to the restaraunt, taking turns feeding a very awake Boo. It was that kind of peaceful quiet you find among meant-to-be-friends. Or maybe we were all just wiped out from our fun weekend. Either way, the mood was peaceful. Serene.
Our food had arrived and we all were busy
- LOUDLY -
"Mommy! See that lady with the (her voice rose louder than I ever thought possible)
BIG BOOBS?! She's wearing a shirt like yours."
Immediately, all adult eyes at our table became intently fixed on our plates. Hmmm...I've never before noticed how beautifully intricate an enchilada could be...must look closer and block out all interruptions...
As Little Miss continued to point and shriek for me to notice Poor Mrs. Big Boobs, I chanced a look around the table and noticed Denise biting her lips to keep from laughing, C.R. turning his face away, and Mr, hiding behind his napkin, shoulders shaking. Hmmm, must be a seizure. Surely he wouldn't make me be the responsible parent in this situation.
Ahem.
I bolted out of my chair to coach Little Miss on proper behavior. Unfortunately once I reached her chair, she pointed and shouted, "Look! Look! Look! Look! Loo-" I clamped my hand over her mouth, picked her up out of the chair and hoofed it out of the restaraunt.
We had a nice little talk outside, and even though I wanted to run away forever, I calmly walked her back to her seat, sat down, and nonchalantly glanced around for the gal wearing my shirt.
Hmmmm...Indeed. Why, she could give Nurse Boom Boom a run for her money!
No comments:
Post a Comment