Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Piled Up Like Laundry

Hello all! Apparently we've been enjoying our summer and not our computer time.
Which is good.
Right?
Right. It is good. Except that I have a million (or maybe 10) posts piled up in my head. Reminds me of my laundry room. The clothes are clean, dry, and piled all over the counter, just hoping for a shot at the hanger or closet shelf before being dug straight out of the hamper to wear, rumpled and cold.
Hmmm...I might have a bit of lack-of-housekeeping guilt leaking into my lack-of-blogging guilt.
Ahem.
Anyway. We are getting ready to go on our first family road trip! I am so excited! We will be visiting my favorite blogger and her family, then on to the beach and Mr's grandparents for a bit.
While pregnant with Boo, we had the *brilliant* (does that count as sarcasm font?) idea to trade in our van for a small SUV with all three girls crammed onto one bench seat. Sounded great at the time. And, really, it works ok for now. I'm a tad worried about the tight quarters so I hopped on Pinterest (of course) and found some fun ideas for car rides. I had more fun making these little tubs for the girls than I have folding laundry, that's for sure! (ugh...here comes that guilt again!)
Lunch bags with different activities to pull out throughout the trip: stickers to decorate the bags, mini stationary set, stamps, mini suncatcher paint set, and a little "sewing" activity. The tub also has a little tray for playdough play, a tray to hold snacks (including a menu for fun from Little Miss' birthday party last year), a clipboard with graph paper, markers, crayons, and pipe cleaners. I'm also making a seperate container for hotel/grandparents' house play with their train set, some puzzles, a memory game and books. I'm almost more excited about these than the entire trip (almost).

Everything fits nicely and the containers are just right for below the big girls' feet. Now I just need to figure out how to keep Boo happy. So far, I placed a big baby mirror on the seat for her to flirt with herself. I'm assuming she'll get a tad bored with that. Although, I could never get tired of looking at her!

Or these two, for that matter:



No comments: