Marvelous grace of our loving Lord,
Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt!
Yonder on Calvary’s mount outpoured,
There where the blood of the Lamb was spilled.
There is so much to share. I don't even know where to begin. I mentioned earlier that we took my mom to the hospital on Friday night. We found out on Saturday that if she hadn't gone to the hospital, she probably wouldn't have made it through the weekend.
Deep breath.
Wow.
There are so many things that happened that led us to take her in.
Sometimes it's hard to see God working. Could it be that life is so smoothly orchastrated, it's easy to forget there is an Author behind it?
Other times, He is so obvious in the workings that He can't be ignored.
Sin and despair, like the sea waves cold,
Threaten the soul with infinite loss;
Grace that is greater, yes, grace untold,
Points to the refuge, the mighty cross
Mr and I were going to take the girls out of town for a quick trip last weekend. Our dear friends' daughter wasn't feeling well and we all decided to postpone.
Grace.
Mr and I took the girls for a fun day at the zoo, then home for a while. We'd already had our fun and almost stayed home, but I was feeling antsy, so we piled into the car with no destination in mind.
Grace.
Fo asked for fruit snacks and when I told her we didn't have any, she said, "Mama (Grandma) does!" So I texted mom.
Grace.
Mom texted back that she wasn't feeling well and we almost just left her alone. But something (Someone) told me to go check...
Grace upon grace upon grace.
Mom is home and resting. There is a long road ahead and I'm sure everyone is confused as I haven't shared much. There is just so much to say. I'm going to just keep it simple:
My mom is sick. We almost lost her this weekend. While for her (and all believers) death would be the beginning and not the end, as she'd be with her Lord at last, the rest of us just aren't ready. And I'm so thankful we've been given more time.
Dark is the stain that we cannot hide.
What can avail to wash it away?
Look! There is flowing a crimson tide,
Brighter than snow you may be today.
Marvelous, infinite, matchless grace,
Freely bestowed on all who believe!
You that are longing to see His face,
Will you this moment His grace receive?
Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin.
No comments:
Post a Comment