Phew. What a week! After my meltdown last week, the hits just kept coming! My grandpa had what they thought was a stroke, a fun family outing had to be cancelled at the last minute, and last night I took my mom in to the hospital. More on that in just a minute.
You know, it's encouraging when others share verses with you (thank you Amy and Becky...but skip this next part!). It's what we're called to do as believers. But sometimes, the timing just doesn't hit you right. Sometimes you're not in a place to hear, or God is already whispering verses in your ear and you just want to concentrate on those ones.
Through the week, I never felt lost. Just overwhelmed. And I know that it is ok. I did ask, "So, I know Your thoughts are not mine. Yours are so much higher. You see the big picture, I don't. But...seriously, What. Is. Up.?!"
And He answered, Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Ok, great. But...What. Is. Up.?!
Sigh. Once I got past having to know what the plans are, I felt peace and comfort. He cares infinitely more about these things than even me. And I trust Him. Oh how I trust Him.
So last night, on a whim, we called Mom to see if we could drop in and she said she wasn't doing well. I went to check on her and foudn she couldn't catch her breath, even with oxygen.
Long story short, we ended up at the hospital with a Dr that had a Hebrew name. Baruch.
Blessed.
She didn't use mom's disease to explain away the shortness of breath. She tested and looked and prodded.
And found fluid on her lung.
Praise God.
Mom went from not needing oxygen to needing it contantly in just a few months. We all thought her disease was just progressing quickly.
Her disease will continue to grow worse, but her problems lately are from the fluid. She will have some relief soon! She's in the hospital now as they try to find the source of the fluid and give her antibiotics.
Thank you all so much for your prayers.
Oh, Baruch Adonai, thank You for hearing. For loving. For caring. Thank you.
3 comments:
Praying for all of you.
Chris D.
I love that you said you don't feel lost just overwhelmed at times. I know what you mean. It's nice to have someone else say it too. I think God understands this about all of us and meets us right where we are and gently guides us. Prayers to you and your family.
So glad she was given a doctor who did the work to find the problem and didn't just make assumptions! Praying they find the source of the fluid and can stop it so your mom can breathe without oxygen again and starts improving! I'm so sorry things kept hitting and I'm sorry what I said wasn't right for the time, I do care about you guys and am so glad and love that our God whispers exactly what we need into our own ears, we don't have to depend on others to say something for Him! God bless you guys and I hope things get better.
Post a Comment