I had my 6 week post baby appointment today. I have already had a 2 week check-up due to the c-section that was super simple and quick, so I expected to zip in and out today.
I even decided to brave with office with all three of my ladies since I knew the Dr. would just ask me a few questions, poke at my tummy a bit and send me on my merry way.
At least I thought that's the way it would go.
Oh my.
The nurse took me back, we joked about the size of the baby and she took my vitals. All was merry and bright...until she handed me THE white paper sheet and let me know to turn on the green light when I was "ready".
I looked at my two toddlers, sitting perched in the chairs facing the exam table and thought, "Uuummmm...can we rewind? Can I go back just a few hours and ask my mom to babysit the girls during this visit?"
I'm an honest mom and let my kids know as much as I think their little minds can handle. As I prepared myself for my now much more in depth exam, while answering all of Little Miss' questions about why her Mommy was (shhh...undressing in public...shhhh) all I could think was, "Uuuummm...can we rewind? To this morning when Little Miss decided to go streaking through the house, which prompted a huge, far too passionate lecture from me about being decent and modest?
As I sat uncomfortably perched on the crinkly white paper and my girls sat sharing a bag of veggie chips and the clock ticked on and on and on...I started to notice that the room was warm. No, not warm. HOT. Like boiler room/sauna/oven/Fourth of July in Arizona HOT! I began to sweat a little, the little ones' cheeks turned pink and Boo started to get fussy. As we waited for a very long time locked in that tiny hot room all I could think was, "Uuuummm...can we rewind? Back to when I chose what top to wear today? I think I really do want to wear a tank top instead of layers."
When my Dr. came in (and immediately noticed the hot room and profusely apologized) and began my exam, I could see Fo happily munching away on her veggie chips, oblivious to everything but that yummy snack, and I could see Little Miss leaning forward in her seat and intently watching everything that was going on...aaaannndd...asking LOTS of questions.
Sigh. "Uuuuummm...can we rewind? Doesnt matter what to. Just get me out of here!!"
On our way home, Little Miss and I had a good discussion about privacy, Dr appointments, modesty and safety. Boo and Fo had fallen asleep and Little Miss was just about to when she said, "I can't wait to pretend Dr with my friends now."
"UUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!"
1 comment:
Glad you were visiting my blog! I looked thru your new pics and LOVED them! Miss you too, dear! And this post? Well, yah, oh my, my mantra lately is, "Its hard being the mommy!"
You are doing great being a mama after God's own heart! xoxo
lots of beauty in those family pics by the way!
Post a Comment