I have always loved my family. Even as a teen, I wasn't the type to beg to be dropped off a block away from the movie theater. I was loud and proud about my relationship with my parents. I still apreciate them so much. Now that I'm a grown woman (although 30 doesn't feel grown!) with THREE (yipe!) children, I have so much more to love and appreciate.
But somewhere in the day to day, I lost the passion for how good I have it. I'm grateful beyond words, but I roll my eyes a bit more and sigh a little louder when things aren't going smoothly.
I think the Lord really slammed me a few months ago and showed me how snooty I was getting with my own precious family. Unfortunately, seeing reality and making a change don't always go hand in hand. So I half-heartedly began to pray that the birth of Boo would snap me back into place and that I would passionately love my family again.
That I would replace eye rolls with laughter and delight over my children's antics.
That I would patiently let them help me in the kitchen instead of ushering them out.
That I would just enjoy every day.
God is so good. He has really and truly helped me in this area above and beyond (as He always does).
Boo came into this world, and instead of PPD, I have PPJOY! I am just so overwhelmed with how good I have it. So overwhelmed. With this sweet little bundle.With this lovey girl.With this free spirit.I'm thankful for a husband I can laugh with. (This is so us!)Family of Five - I still can't believe it!Now that's REALLY capturing our family!Sweet girls. So glad God slapped me and reminded me to enjoy.







1 comment:
I love your little family! You're a blessing!
Post a Comment