Monday, March 28, 2011

The Reveal

On Valentine's Day I read a post on FB that a friend of mine had found out she was pregnant on Valentine's the year before. I thought, "What a fun day to find out your're pregnant!"
While at the grocery store that day I paused in front of the home pregnancy tests. I was due to start in a few days and didn't feel I was pregnant, but on the off chance that I was, wouldn't it be fun to find out on Valentine's Day? I laughed at myself and kept on down the isle.
That night my husband and I began to put new floors down in our living room and I hurt my back. The next day I experienced severe back and abdominal pain in my left side that bothered me off and on all day. By the time Dic got home from work, we decided to go in to an after hours clinic (my dr was booked) just to be sure it wasn't anything more serious than a pulled muscle.
The nurse took a sample from me to test for an infection. While waiting for the dr, the nurse poked her head in the door and said,
"I ran your sample through a pregnancy test and it's positive."
"Positive?!"
"Yup, you're pregnant." And with that she shut the door.
Dic and I were stunned. Stunned! What a way to find out! Now our concerns about my pain shifted considerably. My first thought was: ectopic pregnancy.
The dr came in and shared he had the same concern. He ordered an ultrasound and sent me home with an antibiotic just in case it was an infection. The next morning I went for the ultrasound and they found that everything was normal.
They also didn't see the baby anywhere.
I spent the night in restlessness, praying, worrying, pacing, etc.
It's amazing how in love you are with someone you only know about for 24 hours.
I talked to my OB nurse the next morning and she set my fears to rest. I was so early, there was no way to see any signs of the pregnancy on ultrasound. The baby was only the size of a poppy seed!!
The fear had been planted, however and I struggled with it for the next week. Finally one night I sang,
"All to Jesus I surrender, all to Him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live. I surrender all. I surrender all. All to Thee my Precious Savior, I surrender all."
over and over until I fell asleep. I woke up with a special peace granted to me by God Himself. I still have no guarantees about this baby or about anything else in this life.
Except the Lord. He is a guarantee in all things.
And I surrender to Him and trust Him.
My Precious Savior.
And that's how this journey with baby number 3 started.

5 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

You have a beautiful blog! :) I am following your blog! :) Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Late Oct but what is the date? Mine were born Oct 22 and 25.

Blessings,
Melissa

Amy.E said...

Aha! No I have the update! Congrats!!!!

Amy.E said...

oops! NOW I have the update!

denise said...

I love that you'll get to share this story with you son/daughter some day...how you trusted the Lord and how He's faithful.

Congrats! You know I'm secretly hoping for a boy, right?