Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pet Store Shame

I'm pretty sure I heard the computer creak as I signed into this ol' blog.
It's amazing to me how scarce my blogging time has become. I truly miss it, but have been enjoying the time off. Time without a constant post running in my mind.
Sometimes a broken computer is a blessing.
But that's not what this post is about.
We took our dog as a family to get her nails clipped at the pet store last night. Fo and I were walking around while we waited with a little grocery cart her size and soon found ourselves at the "salon" door. Our very happy furball was looking at us through the glass, so I bent down to wave and talk to her.
Lots of silly noises and kissy faces.
I sensed a group of folks behind me and moved aside so they could go in the salon.
Wouldn't you know it was my dear friend and her kids? They were at a store next door, saw Fo and I through the window when they drove by and popped in to say hello.
They thought to our faces. Not to my behind sticking out while my face made silly talk with the dog through a door.
Lovely! So glad you saw us.
Believe it or not, our embarrassment at the Pet store did not stop there.
After our friends laughed and pointed for a bit, we walked the girls around to look at the fish and birds. Apparently our dog became very comfrotable as she, ehem, left a pile of steaming goodness in her wake.
Dic stood guard while I, red-faced, went to find someone to hand me a bag or something.
I was directed to a cleaning station and Dic sauntered away and left me to it.
Such a sweet guy.
Not so bad, really, but considering I am with child and in the queasy state...let's just say he bought me a milkshake later.
Which in light of the duty I performed to earn said milkshake, it wasn't quite the reward it should have been.
Aren't you so glad I have bgun to blog again? (wink, wink and kissy faces)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ehem as my wife says...I left my wife to clean up the "steamy pile of goodness" because I needed to save fo after she was violently attacked by a puppy that Little Miss was petting. Interesting how KEY aspects to a story get left out.

-Dic

B.D.Riehl said...

Details, details my love. MAy I say Fo was mearly knocked over by an excited puppy...not in any way a violent moment.