Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Giving Into My Own Pet Peeve

As a single woman, one of my biggest pet peeves was women who would make fun of their husbands or put them down; especially in front of others. I still hate that. I have made an effort to encourage my husband and speak highly of him to others.
I will admit I fail at times. It's hard when that quirk of his just gets under my skin and I know my bosom friend will GET IT. Is it just me?
However, for the most part, I believe I have been a supportive wife that openly adores her husband.
I do understand better that couples have understood boundaries and areas that are open for teasing. He teases me about my crazy absentmindedness and I can tease him about what he's doing this summer:
As I've said before, he is a police officer and I respect his job so much. He patiently endures things that would send me through the roof. Even more, he deals with scum at work and leaves it there. He comes home a happy, loving man.
This summer he gets to change his job up a bit and I am really excited for him because I know he will love it. I also have to giggle a little bit.
He's going to be a bicycle cop.
You know, with the shorts and the helmet and the fancy sunglasses.
Doot-doot-doodloo-doo-doo-doot-doot-doot-doot.
I smile just picturing it.
I also have had fun convincing a few friends that his helmet has an Inspector Gadget type siren and light on top.
I assure you, it doesn't.
As much as I giggle and tease my love I can't wait to check out those calves after a few weeks of riding 40+ miles a day.
I also have a feeling that while he is becoming even more fit and I am becoming even more pregnant, the teasing will take quite a different turn.
Watch yourself, Buddy.

2 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Yay! You will love some of the new scentsy scents! I love welcome home. That is one of my all time favorites! What are yours? I have a post coming up tomorrow about scentsy! I am just in love with scentsy. I used to always forget to blow my candles out, now I just leave my burners going all the time! :) ha!

denise said...

I swear we share the same weird sense of humor. As I was reading your post, I could hear the theme song from CHiPs in my head. Your husband's job this summer will be just like that, I'm sure. Well, minus the motorcycle.