Today I am tossing the "Not Me Monday" aside and taking complete ownership for my actions.
Last night I walked the full length of The Cheesecake Factory with my pants undone.
Not Unzipped.
Not Unbuttoned.
Undone.
And mostly on purpose.
See, I just bought some uber cute pants that fit snug, but not tight. My legs look long, not lumpy and I love, love, love them.
When I'm standing up.
Unfortunately, my tummy is hanging on to the memory that it was stretched beyond full capacity with back to back pregnancies and insists on making those darling black pants a little...debilitating, to say the least, when I take a seat.
And at a place such as The Cheesecake Factory, well, that just doesn't do.
Especially when you are on a date at the Factory and have been given permission to order appetizer, meal and dessert (with coffee!). No, tight around the tummy pants are definitely not ok then.
(Anyone see the Friends where Joey needs to eat a whole turkey and he has to change his pants? "What was I thinking? These pants have no give!" He comes back with maternity pants on "These are my turkey eating pants!")
So, halfway through the onion rings, I discretely unbuttoned my pants. We were in a dark booth, my coat was in my lap, my husband thought it was funny, it worked.
Enter the amazing salad (romaine, chicken, craisins, avocado, pecans, kiss-your-mama-dressing, pears...need I say more?) and my undone button suddenly became a faulty zipper.
Not so terrible until it was time to leave.
Uh....
So yes, I pulled down my super cute old navy top, held it at my hips and walked the length of the restaurant with my head held...well, with my head ducked to avoid eye contact (because can you think of a worse time to run into someone you know?)
Just so you know, the cheesecake (Reese's PB cake and caramel and cheesecake layers -wowza!) was totally worth the walk of shame.
And, yes, the walk back to the table, put together again, was much more pleasant!
3 comments:
I totally hear ya! I actually have pants that I never even button...if I'm self conscious, I'll use the ol' rubber band trick, otherwise if my shirt is long enough I just zip what I can and tuck in the rest! HA! I'm glad I don't know all who read your blog. ;)
Atta girl! No shame in that!
You have the best stories. Seriously.
And...apparently, the most memorable dates too.
Post a Comment