She's just so stinkin' cute. Right? Fo is on the move. She can climb stairs, walk behind her walker and...drum roll...can stand on her own! Progress! And just in time...physical therapy is too rich for our blood! Ha!
Little Miss and Fo were invited to their niece's birthday party at a skating rink. Little Miss was able to skate for the first time...not a fan as yet. We made it once around the rink. I think she was just a little surprised by the skates...she told Dic that she didn't like those shoes. Poor kid. I might have enjoyed the astonishment on her face a little too much.
My family. LM has been in a bit of a mood lately. Unfortunately she gets that from her mother...along with her brilliant mind, of course.
Ehem.
Some ladies at our church set up a fun Christmas craft today and I am so grateful to my husband for encouraging me to go. I had such fun! Me and crafts don't mix, so having someone else buy the materials and show me exactly what to do is perfect. I love my new Christmas block!
And this has nothing to do with anything...I hate fish. And today at the store, I ate tuna. By accident.
I have been traumatized all day.
How? A nice lady was handing out samples of gluten free crackers and I was distracted by something else on her table. While talking about the other product with her, I popped the cracker in my mouth, ignoring the little smudge of...ugh, tuna, on top.
I made a face at her and, with a full mouth, asked if I just ate tuna.
She nodded, then became much less pleasant when I made a hurling noise.
Oops. Forgot I was a mature woman there for a minute.
Fortunately another nice lady had a little table set up with red rope all around. And little samples of cheese! Jackpot!
What's this? And a sign that said, "Must be 21 to enter"?
I laughed as I stepped an inch past the sign and was already at the table.
"So I have to be 21 to be in here, eh? What happens if I'm not?"
Oh my. Today was not my day with sample ladies.
Her eyes told me she didn't appreciate my mockery of her sign.
Or maybe she didn't appreciate my tuna breath.
Either way she gave me a little plastic cup of wine (after I assured her I was of legal age to be behind the red rope), but the cheese was locked up tight under a glass lid. It helped until I could get home and swish my mouth out.
I'm shuddering at the memory of the tuna even now.
Like I said, I've been traumatized all day.
4 comments:
So fun! And hilarious about the tuna and then the wine! I hate it when I say something trying to be funny and people don't get me.
I looove the Christmas block!! And even if you don't think you're crafty, I think you're creative-you blog awesome interesting stories/articles, and that links with crafty in my book. :)
Sorry, I know, I'm commenting twice on the same post. I just have to know. It looks like you're wearing only socks when you're helping LM skate? What if someone ran into you or fell on your feet..blade first..or something?!! I have fears like this when it comes to ice skating. The blaaade. That's what makes ME shudder!
Read your post again and got another good laugh about the tuna. HA!
I miss you. And I'm not the only one. My kid has been talking about your girls lately...even to her grandparents!
This post cracked me up. I'm glad you got to have some wine in a plastic cup, even if it was just to wash down the tuna.
LM's pink coat and hat look adorable :)
Thanks for the laugh. I too hate fish, actually anything that calls water 'home' can stay 'home'. I can stand tuna 'in' something where I can't taste it, but that's it.
The wine and cheese sounds good.
I love the block, I want one too!
Fun pictures and cute family!
Post a Comment