I was tagged in my friend's blog the other day and am just now able to answer the questions!!
Here goes:
1. What is your favorite dish/meal of all time that you prepare yourself? Care to share the recipe?
One of my favorite family recipes is Chicken Divan. I can't make it for my family anymore due to our numerous allergies( ;) ) so please make for your family and savor a bite for me.
3 to 6 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded, chopped, whatever. Bite size pieces
2 10 oz packages frozen broccoli (spears, heads, whatever you prefer)
In large casserole dish layer the broccoli on bottom and drizzle half stick of melted butter or margarine over the broccoli. Shred chicken over the broccoli.
In a bowl mix: 2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise (I actually skip this part-not a fan of mayo or miracle whip)
2 TBS lemon juice.
Pour over chicken and broccoli, then top with 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and some bread crumbs. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes and serve over hot cooked rice.
YUM! YUM!!! Makes great leftovers!
2. What makes you the happiest and why?
The Lord. Learning about Him, praising Him (when I do it with a sincere heart). There are so many riches to discover about Him and His Ways...I will never understand it all, but it makes me so happy when I am in the thick of learning.
I also love playing games with my family, laughing with my husband, baking, making food to share at parties...food makes me happy ;)
3. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
So many things! A writer, an artist (yep, I was amazing - I could draw-wait for it- a heart. Not just any heart, but heart people with arms and legs and hats. Amazing, I know. Can't think why I didn't pursue that), a missionary...
A mom, a nurse, a social worker. Then I got to college and majored in social work and couldn't handle all the politics. Ech. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I am loving where God has placed me, even if there are trying days.
4. What is one thing you want to conquer before you leave this life?
The only thing of importance to conquer has been accomplished for me - Christ conquered sin and death and rose again in victory. I want to never be ashamed to proclaim all He's done. I pray to raise my girls with a love for Him, to step back when necessary to let Him work in their lives...that is the most important thing to me.
I'm not good at this tagging back, stuff, so I will leave it at that. Anyone else want to answer any or all of these questions? I'd love to read the answers. Katie, good questions! I'd love to know your answers, too!
2 comments:
Love it! Echo, echo...
Amen to number 4!
Have you thought about writing - and illustrating - a book for children? Maybe a story about the er, heart family? Seriously!
Post a Comment