Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ouch

I had to stop my ranting tantrums today when I read this in an email...
I had asked a more seasoned mom (not much older, just more wise than I) for parenting advice. I received great advice, but this little nugget is what hit me:

"These are the days that remind us how much God’s grace toward us, his disobedient children, cost Him. His son was tortured and died because of our choosing to disobey. I’m so grateful for His amazing gift."

Ugh. Ouch. Right in the gut. Despite my doom and gloom mood, I choose to dwell on this truth.

Oh, God, please forgive my disobedient heart. My haste to complain, grumble and throw tantrums. Thank you for grace. Please cast aside my pride so that I can bathe in that precious grace. That forgiveness which you paid such a high price to give me.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Amen!

denise said...

Ouch is right. But it makes grace all the more beautiful.