Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Beth Moore: The Hair Brush

My girls are sniffling, fevering little things today and we had to miss Bible study and play date at the park. I actually finished my study this week and was so ready to review it with others and hear the amazing lessons I know I missed studying on my own.
We are studying the second half of Matthew and this week had a lot to do with faith.
It's amazing what God can do.
It's also amazing what He will do when we have faith in Him.
I've asked God to strip me of all that I think that is not of Him. All the things I've told myself are "the right way" that actually have nothing to do with Him.
Boy howdy is He being faithful.
He is stripping me bare and building a foundation of truth for me to stand on.
Today while I'm home cleaning and nursing my girls back to their spunky selves, I paused to play on teh computer and found something a dear friend posted on her facebook page.
It's just the nugget of truth and humor that I needed today. I so love this God of ours.
Hope it touches you, too.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness!!! God is so AWESOME!!! He has such mysterious ways, but it's so neat when you see reasons for why He does what He does. Thanks so much for sharing!!

denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
denise said...

Love Beth Moore! I've heard her share this story, but listening to it again brought tears to my eyes. Our God is so compassionate.