Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Was Right - I Was Wrong

Ever since Fo was born, I have been amazed by her quiet, sweet nature. I have joked many times that when Little Miss takes toys from her and bosses her around as they get older, that she will just go along with a smile...
I was wrong!!! Fo has begun to stand up for herself! She screams at Little Miss when she tries to take a toy and swats at her hand when she doesn't want to be touched. My dad had his hand supporting her tummy while she sat on his lap the other day and she moved it, looked at him, and said, "Do!" (as in don't!) I think my sweet, compliant young daughter will have no problem standing up for herself!


When I found out I was going to have girls so close in age, I was ecstatic because I hoped it would help them become close friends...

I was right. They have been playing and laughing together so much lately. Here they had been yelling and shaking their heads at one another - in fun. It's so fun to watch them play and interact!

When my mom offered to let us "hold on to" a big bag of soft blocks when they move, I had a feeling I would hate the extra opportunity for Little Miss to make a mess...

I was sooo right!

When I took Little miss to the library this week for her first real visit, I thought it would take her a while to figure out the purpose...

I was wrong! She charged straight for the books she wanted.
I also thought after how well she did finding her books that she would sit quietly next to me reading them while I looked for a book of my own...
Boy was I wrong! She hopped around like a frog and growled like a bear at anyone who came her way.
Nice.

Monday morning, my allergies were so bothersome, I took a Zyrtec, knowing it has lactose in it, knowing I would get hives, but thinking they wouldn't come right away...
I was wrong! And I had to sit in a Dr. office waiting room while Dic had a minor procedure done.
I hoped no one would notice and thought I might be right...
Until I met the Dr and nurses caring for Dic and they all looked at me funny and took an ever-so-subtle step backwards from the lady covered in angry red hives.

Dic had told me that his Dr was strange and when I met him after the procedure I found out...
He was so right! He walked in and said, "So, you must be the good officer's wife. Or are you his daughter?" I would have been flattered but I think he was serious. Then I just thought he was nuts! How old did he think Dic was when he had me?

I had no idea how Dic would be the rest of the afternoon after being put under. I thought it would be no big deal and planned to settle in for an afternoon of COPS on tv...
I was wrong! We went to pick up the girls at my parents' house and Dic fell asleep in a chair - for over two hours! I couldn't wake him no matter how I tried.
Fortunately I have understanding, loving parents and they fed us dinner and helped get us all to the car when Dic woke up.

I thought surely Fo would be crawling by now...

Wrong! She is not crawling, just barely showing interest and she is just learning to stand - with a super human grip on whatever I attach her to. I should not be so anxious for this girl to be mobile - I know this!

Last night after the girls went to bed, I was watching a show and thought I saw something scurry across the living room floor...I hesitantly crawled along the floor and peeked under the tv cabinet...I was right!
A huge, furry, staring--right-at-me spider! I tried to kill it three times and it kept getting away. Finally, it ran at me and I screamed then heaved a book at it and finally defeated it.
Shudder. Still totally creeped out.

When I fell into bed last night, I didn't think I could love my family even an ounce more...

I was wrong!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You're family is beautiful. I always love seeing the pictures!

Adrian said...

I LOVE THIS ONE! I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BLOGGING! LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU!

denise said...

Cute post. The Dr.'s comment cracked me up. Too funny! Er, not that I'm saying you look old or anything because you definitely don't. But neither does your husband!