Friday, July 23, 2010

Glimpses Through the Clouds



I went to see a fabulous movie the other night. Letters to Juliet. I loved it! I felt like a teen again and wanted to go back and watch it again and again.
However, at the end of the movie when all was right in the world according to Hollywood, I found myself getting a little down.
Sigh.
The romantic setting in Verona.
She, a budding writer that has an amazing story fall in her lap.
He, a caring, successful advocate for down trodden people.
The perfect kiss, ending, song...sigh.
So not real life.
But.
Wait.
Just as I felt myself slipping into a bit of sadness, the camera panned out and took the viewer on a ride through the clouds.
The End.
I caught my breath and realized how beautiful that truth was.
1 Thessalonians 4:17 (New International Version)
17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

I wasn't sad about my own romantic situation; I love my husband.
I wasn't sad about my life; I'm living my dreams.
But, still, movies have such a way of making us long for things, don't they?
After all, don't we all long for a true love that will climb a tower for us?
A beautiful setting in which to live and love?
All our dreams and hopes to come true?
The quick shot of the clouds and blue sky in that film stopped short the gray clouds that had begun to swirl in my mind.
My God loves me and will do anything for me. He died for me. He rose again for me.
I will live in eternity with Him where the streets are made of gold and there will be no more sadness.
My dreams are nothing - nothing!- compared to the plans the Lord has for me.
He hasn't even begun to show me what this life is all about. He will spend eternity showing us His many wonders.
For now, I am enjoying the tiny glimpses through the clouds.



No comments: