Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Random as Usual

So many little things to blog about. None important, all silly little moments I want to capture. So pardon me and my random post.

-I became a Private Eye this week. I went all out in my pursuit to discover what is causing my hives and itching. I have worked hard to clear all dairy out of my system and still, I would have little hive breakouts and itching. I had an "ah-ha!" moment on Sunday. I read the back of any medication I have taken lately, including zyrtec and the medication my dr gave me to help with hives. They all have lactose in them!!! I cannot believe what an eye-opener that was! I now am pretty sure I have developed a dairy allergy as the more I get it out of my system, the less problems I have! Will keep you posted.

-In light of this new found allergy, I realized my "non-dairy" creamer has sodium caseinate in it...which is something that I cannot have. I looooove my morning coffee and, surprisingly, that was the hardest thing for me to give up - even above ice cream and cookies! Dic went to the store last night and found Silk creamer for me. He told me that he thought to himself, "If this doesn't work, we will just have to find her some flavored coffee!" (We have a Kuerig that takes K-cups which our grocery doesn't carry) I kissed his cheek and giggled at him because he said it with all the passion of a man with a sick wife, raising his fist in the air saying, "We're going to beat this thing, honey!" Wonderful, wonderful man.

-The ice cream truck drove through our neighborhood yesterday playing a familiar tune. I paused in the midst of my laundry folding (bleh!) and tilted my head to listen closer. Soon the words to the song came to me:
"Oh, don't be sad, baby booby bird, we will get you to the ballet in time!"
Satisfied, I continued to fold laundry, then realized, no, that was "Swan Lake" by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky. I got the song from "Little Einsteins" a show Little One loves on Disney. Glad I didn't have anyone else around to catch my blunder...much better to announce it on a public blog!

-Little Miss' jealousy is just now surfacing where Fo is concerned. Everything is, "My tuwn now! My tuwn, my tuwn!". I like to sit with my feet up on the coffee table and lay Fo on my thighs so we can giggle and talk. LM saw this yesterday and insisted on a turn. I obliged and it was quite comical to get her much taller body on my thighs. This my turn stuff works the other way, as well. When we visit a public restroom, Little Miss insists it's "mommy's tuwn", not hers. And when I pull out the nail clippers it's "Baby's tuwn! Mommy's tuwn! Daddy's tuwn!"
No, no, Little One. Mommy is not going anywhere near Daddy's caveman feet!

-Speaking of public restrooms, Little Miss and I were taking our time in one last week and another woman entered the restroom. LM heard her walking to the other stalled and shouted, "Oh no! A guy!" I assured her that guys don't come in girls' bathrooms and we sat in silence...well, almost silence. The gal next us was quite, er, full of tea you could say. When she was finished, LM shouted, "Guy's all done now!" Lovely.

-We are all trying to teach Fo to crawl around here...even Little Miss


-We pulled out the pool yesterday for the first time this season and had so much fun! I love my little beauties


-Now that we know Fo needs glasses (and while we are anxiously awaiting their arrival!), I have noticed that we (and many others) have begun to blame everything on her eyesight.
She didn't do well in nursery, so the gal in charge said, "I think she'll really calm down and do better with her glasses..."
She can't crawl and I have blamed it on her eyesight...because they totally fit together.
Fo is terrified of dogs of all sizes and we have decided it's because she can't see them well.
She is a total Mama's girl and everyone (except me) is now blaming that on her eyesight. Harumph.
Poor girl, forever more (or maybe just until we are used to the idea) everything will be blamed on her eyesight.
"Sorry officer, I know she really shouldn't have spray painted that bridge, but you see, she is far-sighted..."
"No Jimmy, it's not you, it's my glasses..."
"Sure, Mr. History Teacher, of course I would love to recite all of the presidents in history, but I wear glasses, so..."
Anywho. I better stop the cycle now I suppose, before she turns into a heart-breaking, lazy high school drop-out delinquent. What high hopes I have for her!

I guess that's enough randomness for one post. More structure next time!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Farsightedness is the only explanation as to why she wont let us hold her :) It can have nothing to do with your being the mama, or her milk supply, or her primary caregiver, or any of the other reasons I can think of. However when she gets her glasses and STILL does not let us hold her happily I will find another source to blame...it might be the diapers, or the way her hair grows, or my laundry detergent, or or the Idaho air...

denise said...

So glad you're figuring out the hives issue, even if it does mean giving up everything dairy.

Your public restroom story totally cracked me up.

Amy said...

Oh I laughed to tears about the blaming everything on her far-sightedness. My hubby's wondering what I'm laughing at, I don't think he'll understand. So glad you're figuring out what your hives are from, I'll pray for you as you try to work with the new allergy. So glad I saw you at church Sunday!