Friday, June 25, 2010

A Blessing She Won't Be Denied

My Little Miss is learning to pray. While praying at meals or when we're praying before bed, her little voice blends with whomever is praying.
You know that jibberish followed by a sound that matches the last word?
shamamamawhollaa...gake you.
hoodadatoberfo...food.
ellaldaddyholebooo...amen.

I love it.
Last night I told her to lay her head down so we could pray and she looked at me stubbornly, sat up straighter and declared, "I pray to God now!"

Absolutely, sweet girl. Mama will not deny you that blessing.
Speak, Little One, your Heavenly Father is always listening.
Last night our Bible time was about God's creation, that He makes all things. We named all the animals and stuffed and animals and people and items in her little world that God has made.
What a creative God we have.





4 comments:

Adrian said...

Sounds like a girl to be reckoned with! :) May that be a word for her life, "I pray to God!" Amen, sister! :)love you!

denise said...

I love hearing little ones pray. Just blesses my heart.

Lisa said...

Nothing blesses me more than the sound of my children praying to their God. Kenna's nightly prayer consists of "Jesus, thank you for this day, I got an owie, aaaa-MEN!"

Amy.E said...

This weekend we were standing at the counter to rent a kayak at Redfish lake and Luke kept foling his hands and saying "Dear God...". I'm not sure if he was praying for a kayak to be available, or just that I wouldn't tip it over with him in it. Pretty cute watching these little ones learn about prayer!