Every time in my past that I have stepped forward to minister in some way at church I have failed.
I won't go into details, but through my single years, it was almost predictable that once I began to help with AWANA or the youth group, some "Mr. Wrong" would waltz into my life dressed as "Mr. Right" and I would be lured away from what I knew I should be doing.
I no longer fear any wrong misters walking into my life (the Mr. sleeping in the next room is all the Mr I ever want or need), but I am afraid that I will fail again.
That fear is a lie of the Enemy, something I have control over because God is my champion and His plan is for me to succeed.
That being said (deep breath)
I am going to teach a Children's Church class.
(Wince) for 2s and 3s.
(Exhale)
I'm so excited!
Our church has an amazing program for little ones, but for some reason, the class Little Miss is in is 2s - 5s. To me, those ages just don't fit well in big groups. I talked with the Coordinator of youth programs and we have set up a 2s and 3s class to start next month. I can't wait!
I helped (aka stood around while Raegan clung to me) my sweet friend lead class for the 2s - 5s last week and felt the old doubt creeping in.
She was amazing! Taking charge, getting them to listen, pulling morsels of truth from the video we watched to feed to these young ones. I was supposed to be helping, but her lesson caught me up instead.
"What is a lie?"
(Insert know-it-all-little-boy-that-answers-all-following-questions)
"What is truth?"
"Can God tell a lie?"
I teared up as the whole class (even little ones because they know this word so well) chorused: Nooooooooooooooooooo!
"What are some things God tells us?"
He loves us!
Love your enemy!
"That's right! And can God lie? No! So everything He says is true!"
I have been thinking on that since Sunday. Can God lie, Betty?
Nooooooo!
What does He say?
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8
"The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." Jeremiah 31:3
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1
I could literally go on and on.
How about you? What truth is God teaching you of Himself today? He cannot lie.
It seems a friend of mine also learned a lesson from an unexpected place recently. Hop over here and I promise you will be blessed.
2 comments:
xoxoxo! love you!
I'm excited for you! I love that you're willing to step out in faith to serve the body of Christ.
Post a Comment