Thursday, July 1, 2010

God and Country

Our community has an amazing event every year: the God and Country Festival. They have a worship band that plays for hours, fair food booths (yum!), they bring in popular artists, honor the military in special ceremonies and have an amazing firework show.
All for free (except the food).
You literally just bring a blanket, plop down in the grass and enjoy the summer evening.
Dic and I went the year before last (left Little Miss with a sitter) to see Mark Schultz. A friend and I ran up to the stage and stood in the first row and I rocked my heart out.
You know, as much as you can rock your heart out with Mark Schultz. We locked eyes a few times, he and I, and I'm sure he wanted to become friends with me and Dic. :)
Anyway, last night we took the girls, met up with some friends and had a wonderful time.







Many more pictures and thoughts to come, but I am off to visit a precious friend and her new baby boy!

1 comment:

denise said...

Looks like fun! I love fireworks - makes me excited for the 4th.