It's been a while, but it's time to NOT confess :)
I am not tired of potty training. We are not exactly one week in with more successes than accidents. I am not exhausted and do not want to cry, stomp my feet and throw in the towel every time Little Miss has an accident.
I did not finally say to Dic, "I'm ready for a dishwasher; totally tired of hand washing dishes." He did not smile, hug and kiss me and say, "Oh how I've been waiting for you to say that."
My loving Baby Daddy did not bring me coffee in bed for Mother's Day. I did not savor every drop propped up against the headboard. I did not get to read my Bible alone and totally awake for the first time in months! It was not totally wonderful and I do not want to wake up that way every day from now on!
I did not have to make up an outfit for Little Miss as she refused every adorable dress that I tried to put her in yesterday. She did not end up looking stinkin' adorable in what we came up with.
I did not love, love, love the card my family gave me with the girls' feet and hand prints inside. I did not cry and will not cherish it forever.
I did not come out to the car to leave for church in my slippers. Dic did not laugh so hard at me he couldn't talk when he realized what I was about to do. I did not have to run back inside and find appropriate church shoes. I was not so grateful he noticed!!
I do not love the church we have been attending the last couple weeks. I do not love the 4 minute drive, the small country feel, the sweet people and the great messages.
Fo has not begun to squeal in delight during the sermon. Yesterday we were not in the front row with her squealing when the pastor stopped preaching to come tug on her toes and tell us she was fine and tell the congregation he loves her.
The pastor at this church is not our neighbor.
I do not wonder every day if the pastor and his family are annoyed that the neighbors are coming to their church. I do not think they probably want a break sometimes and don't really want parishioners for neighbors.
I did not love touring the local Parade of Homes with my mom and niece yesterday. I certainly didn't ooh and ahh and love every minute: until I got home and realized how long we'd been gone and that I missed a whole day with my babies. I did not cuddle them the rest of the night and apologize to Dic over and over.
I am not leaving my two year old and 8 month old to play together so that I can write this totally insignificant blog post.
I am not at all jealous that Fo has been saying "Dada" and even "Daddy" lately. Not at all. Why would I be jealous? I only carried her (in a swimming pool of water, you'll remember), labored hours and hours with no success then had to have a c-section, then was up all night with her for months, have nursed her, loved her, cared for her...why would I be in any way jealous that she said Daddy first?!?!!? (actually, I think it's precious and love it :))
Ok, your turn :)
2 comments:
You make me laugh!! I have actually left the house in slippers and had to shop at WinCo in them (more than once) because I forgot I was wearing them! I totally made fun of Alissa the other day when we were at Target and she had on two different colored flip flops. Her friend Allie thought it was so cool, she is going to deliberately do that from now on...my little trend setter :)
I am so glad you guys like the new church!!!
I am NOT frustrated about my fingerprints delaying our adoption by 3 more months. I'm NOT impatient about anything, especially NOT major life decisions.
Honestly, I DO like your "not me Mondays."
Post a Comment