I love talking to ladies from my mom's generation. I will tell them about potty training and how I'm afraid of how much time it will take. The response is always interesting.
"In my day, kids weer trained around 2 and in just a week or so."
Women of my generation often day: "Oh, 2 is so young! We've been at it for months!"
Hmmm...I like my mom's generation better. I want to do it there way! But what is that way? So many conflicting tips and comments. Ah well. All in good time, I suppose. We have never made it to day 2 before and I'm sure that is our problem. Truthfully, we rarely make it past nap time. Once that diaper goes on for nap, it just seems to change the course of the day.
Yesterday Little Miss did amazing in the morning. NO accidents. After nap we went dooooooooown hill fast. Lots of tears. Lots of accidents. But we are plugging through. Potty is in the living room today as I realize that's a long hallway for a little one learning to listen to the signs. So we will see.
There is our update. Not that you asked. But I gave it anyway :)
So what generation do you listen to when rearing children is the subject?
No comments:
Post a Comment