Monday, May 3, 2010

Solid Rock

I am not a fan of change.
This weekend was full of change. We tried a new church, changed up our way of grocery shopping and bought farm fresh mil and meat. Not big changes, mind you (except church), but enough to make me feel like my own home was a different country.
I told Dic yesterday that I needed to head someplace familiar because all the changes were rocking the boat a bit much for me. Silly, I know.
Today we decided to totally go for potty training. Panties all day, pull-up for outings, diapers for naps and bedtime. No matter what, we are sticking with it. No matter the mess :)
So far it's been a little stressful, but wonderful, too. She has had only one accident! But she has had a few meltdowns. She has been holding her blankie extra close today. It seems my Little Miss feels about the same way I do about change. Poor girl. So as we press on today, I keep reassuring her, holding her close and telling her I understand that it's hard to change, it's scary to head somewhere new and do different things. She has no idea how scary it is for her parents to pull her into our laps or let her on the couch without obsessing about her diaper-less bum!
I am resting today in the knowledge that God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
"On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand."
He will see us through every storm; even the wild world of potty training :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We're working on potty training this week, too! Good luck!