Saturday, April 17, 2010

Not About You

One of the hardest lessons to learn and accept as a human being is that "it's not about me."
This week I've been reflecting...well, this year, really. I get bummed. I get excited. I get ambitious. I get lazy. But I'm always reflecting. And more and more I see how little I put life into perspective.
It's not about me.
It's about God.
It is everything. Everything is about Him.
Every season change.
Every natural act on earth is about God. Everything.
So what do I do when all my dreams come true? I thank God for His blessings, realize the achievement of my goals is not the important thing and I humbly ask what I can do for Him.
He is God.
He is sovereign.
He placed me here for His good purpose.
I need to stop wondering what else I can do to improve my life and ask what I can do to improve His kingdom.
The Lord God made me. The Lord God made you. Shall we say to Him who has formed us: No, that's not right. I would rather do this?" No! But we do.
I do. So very often I, mere clay in the hands of a skilled and wise potter, turn back and instruct my Maker in how I should be formed, on what should come next.
So what do you do when all your dreams come true?
You listen when God tells you, "Now, it's not about you, Beloved. It's about me."
Speak, O Lord. Your servant is listening.

1 comment:

denise said...

Amen. Thanks for the reminder.