Friday, April 9, 2010

Mortification Nation

The girls and I spend one night a week at my parents' house for dinner. It started with Mr's schedule change and we have been going strong for months. We love it. Usually I go grocery shopping on my way since they live next to the store where I shop. Last night I wasn't up for shopping as I had been sick the day before, but still needed a few things. My Dad graciously offered to go with me and my mom watched the baby and Miss Toddler came with us.
No problem. I had some rather embarrassing items on my list, but was comfortable enough to tell my dad he needed to let me pick up a few things myself.
Still no problem, until Grandpa decided to join us.
Problem!
Dad assured me Grandpa would stay in the car and I had no need to be embarrassed. He did and I wasn't.
I retrieved my items, met my dad at the check-out, bagged everything up and headed to the car. The bags were placed in the backseat with Grandpa.
About five minutes down the road, I heard rustling from the backseat. Hoping it was just my girl kicking the bags, I turned to see Grandpa rummaging through the goods!
And he had happened upon the most embarrassing item in my bag and was carefully examining the label!!!!
Mortification Nation.
Sigh.
Had to share while I'm still blushing and chuckling to myself. Naughy Grandpa.
Any embarrassing stories you have for me?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Heh heh! That IS embarrassing! Did he know what he had happened upon?

Alaina said...

Thanks for making me laugh! Too funny!

denise said...

Embarrassing stories? Where do I even begin?!

Gotta admit that I'm pretty dang curious about what Grandpa was looking at in that bag...

Angie said...

That is hilarious. You have the best stories! :)

Charissa Steyn said...

I love embarrassing moments (not really) BUT,they do keep us humble and give us a great story or blog to right afterwards- hehe :)
I too am curious... what was in the bag?!?!
Embarrassing moment from me... peeing my tutu as a young girl on stage for a ballet rehearsal! I think I was about 7 or 8... old enough to remember it all.