Tuesday, April 6, 2010

You Just Gotta Love...

Little girls that insist on bringing their own stroller and baby along for a walk...only to change their minds halfway through. At least Mommy is inventive...

Sandwiches that are so yummy and have you so excited, you just have to take a picture...chicken salad with tomato and fresh strawberries...thank you very much.

Little Easter baskets...perhaps full of things your Pastor mentioned in his sermon in not so favorable tones.

You gotta love being seated close to the front and right in his view so that when he is talking about the items you gifted to your child that morning, he is looking right at you. (Our pastor is so great. He was just talking about how off it is to have Christian things (crosses, Bibles and such) in the same aisle with Pagan symbols (bunnies, colored eggs, etc.) It was quite an enlightening sermon. Did you know that Easter is derived from the name for the goddess of Spring and she once turned a chicken into a bunny that laid brightly colored eggs? Rabbits are the pagan symbol of fertility and new life...Hmmmm...interesting that Jesus chose to arise from the dead (new life) in Spring, eh?
Game nights with dear friends and a little one who begs to go back all the way home (30 minute drive!)
Little girls that wake up from a nap and insist that "Pa" had his eyes scratched by the Kitty.
The call that follows to check on Pa and the little girl that says in a voice dripping with sincere concern:"Ohhhh, Paaaaaa."
A little one that calls her Great-Grandpa (who just arrived back town -we share custody with my aunt and it's our 6 month slot now) "More Pa"
A sweet family that lets you drop in with your children for a visit...then the kids whisk your oldest away so that you can have a nice time of chatting with a dear friend.
Thinking of fun, guilt-free ways to have dessert.
Just gotta love life, don't ya?
Family, I will be emailing pictures from now on; I'm not comfortable sharing them online. I am actually thinking of making this blog private, so if anyone would like a password, please email me: untilparadise@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Well, at least you figured out something to do with that stroller. Those things aren't the easiest thing for an adult to push. And I would definitely like to keep reading your blog, even if it goes private!

denise said...

Way to be inventive with the stroller. And your sandwich looks delicious. I love fresh stuff.

Let me know if you do decide to go private because I'd definitely like to keep reading! Oh, shoot - unless I'm the reason you're going private ;) Hehe.