Friday, March 12, 2010

New Dos

FB's first haircut was much less of an experience than I thought it would be.
Precious? Yes. Heart wrenching as her little baby curls fell into my hands? Absolutely.
But not the trumpets blaring, choir singing big deal I thought it would be. Just a few snips of the scissors and clicks of the camera and we were done.
So simple. I thought about the many, many haircuts I've had in my life. I've agonized over some.
Cried over some.
Felt flashy and pretty at times.
Embarrassed at others.
All the moments a girl experiences in the hair salon make you think her first will be much more memorable.
Ah, well. At least she got a sucker out of it.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Those really are great haircuts! I've been putting off Kenna's first haircut in fear that if I cut off the curls, they won't come back. Ridiculous? Oh, yes.

Adrian said...

You look absolutely adorable and have the same haircut as Phoebe! Love it! XOXOXO

The Hairista said...

I remember Rylee's first haircut, I cried like a baby! Ha!! I love your cut, it's super adorable on you!!

denise said...

FB looks absolutely adorable. And I'm loving your haircut! Way to be brave and try something new.