Thursday, December 31, 2009

So Excited!!!!

My husband is the absolute greatest. For many reasons, but I'll spare you the gushy stuff and get down to it. We haven't been able to celebrate our birthdays much around here, except for a special dinner (which is totally fine and I've been so happy with that). This year, we are able to get a gift for each other and Richard worked overtime for mine.
He called my salon (I say "my" because the gals there have been doing my hair -from simple haircuts to homecoming to our wedding- since I was in high school) and set up an entire day for me: hair cut and style, eyebrow wax and pedicure. Ahhhhhhhhh. I'm so excited!!
Let me explain why (more than the obvious) this is so special: I have not had a haircut or wax in over a year. Now, the haircut part? Not a huge deal. I'm growing my hair out and it's in a messy bun at all times anyway...but when you have bushy, caterpillar, frightening eyebrows like mine...they need to be dealt with on a regular basis. But, paying off debt has been much more important in the long run and my husband is sweet enough to "not notice". And his opinion is all that matters in the looks department anyway.
I'm so excited!!!!
So, here is my dilemma: What do I do with my hair? It has ranged from super short to super long. I feel more feminine with long hair, but short hair is so fun. The obvious, I guess, would be something in the middle, but I just don't know. Suggestions? I should mention that I am an absolute dunce in the style department. Give me a bottle of gel and a hairdryer and I will come out looking like Donald Trump. Seriously.
Suggestions? Help me!!!

1 comment:

denise said...

I love that your husband planned a special day for you. Very, very sweet. I always love going to the salon - even if it's just for a trim.