I've started to work out again. And as I've admitted on sweet Denise's site, this has led to major snacking. Ugh.
However, it has also led to a lot of restlessness. Which is good for my house (it needed to be disinfected after our bout with nasty colds) and for my toddler. Poor girl has been cooped in this house more in the last 5 months than in her entire life. My appointments with Jillian (30 Day Shred - ouch!!) must have stirred up some bravery because I've been taking the girls out for walks the last few days.
At first it was just up and down our street as I tried to show Raegan how to play in her new police car. She hasn't figured it out yet, so it was really me pushing it while she ran ahead.
Yesterday, I put Harper in the stroller, snuggled under 50 blankets, give or take a few, and bundled Raegan up (does the phrase: "I cant put my arms doooownnnn!" mean anything to you?) and we set out. It was so much fun! I let Raegan lead us and we were gone for an hour - huge for me when it's cold outside. Seriously, I hate being cold!
Our adventure included:
-Racing
-Gathering leaves
-Teaching Raegan about yellow snow
-Playing at the neighborhood park
-Calling the police
-Showing Raegan how to ride on the front of the stroller (even though there are warnings all over that sucker not to do that)
-Walking through the "fancy" part of our neighborhood
-Daydreaming as I looked at all the hoity toity houses - certainly not coveting
-Learning why they warn you not to let your kid ride on the front of the stroller...one fat lip later.
It was oodles of fun!
I'll explain a couple of those: As we were walking by one of the houses, I heard a pretty serious fight going on inside. Lots of cursing and banging around. In all honesty it sounded like someone was getting beat up. I called Richard and asked if I should call it in...he let the department in our town know and they took care of it. Of course, I felt guilty all day. It's none of my business! But, I would feel worse if someone was being hurt and I had done nothing.
Our stroller has a Raegan-tush-sized platform above the front wheel. She's ridden there a few times and it's usually not a big deal. Enter a mom who isn't thinking and a curb and the poor girl goes flying face-first into the street. I thought she hit her knee and when I scooped her up I saw blood all over her face.
Gasp! I thought she bit through her lip! Or lost a tooth! Fortunately, she just bit the inside of her bottom lip and some M&Ms came to the rescue. Sheesh. I felt like a horrible mom. Especially since when she fell, I immediately reached for her...and the stroller began to roll in the street. I'm surprised the cops didn't show up on my doorstep.
3 comments:
"Teaching Raegan about yellow snow" - Hee, hee. I'm still chuckling about that. And, don't beat yourself up over Raegan's injury. It's not like you had to rush her to the doctor and she had to have her hand wrapped up for days because her mother left very hot oatmeal down where she could spill it all over herself and get badly burned. Not that I know anyone like that...
I'm glad to get the full story after your post on FB. You seem to have more eventful walks than other people.
Re: "I cant put my arms doooownnnn!"...hahaha! Love it! We were quoting that as we were duct-taping Luke's mitts to his snow snuit last week (up in frigid Alberta) and watching him walk around with mittened flippers where his arms should have been. Good times!
Post a Comment