Raegan is eating cereal at the table...when did my baby become so grown up? I can't stand it!.
"Sisters, sisters! There were never such devoted sisters..." I had to pick the shadowy picture that hides my hand holding Harper up :)
We are killing time waiting for Richard's parents to fly in for a week. They are meeting Harper today and we get to spend our first holiday with them. I am so excited! So excited that I've given my self a belly ache. Sheesh! His oldest brother and his sons will be here for Thanksgiving as well. I have all my shopping done and have planned quite the feast:
Breakfast Casserole
Relish tray: bread and butter pickles, olives, cheese ball, crackers, mini bbq sausages
Turkey (of course)
Stuffing
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Gazed Carrots
Golden Crescents
Green Bean Casserole
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie
Thanksgiving is also my Dad's birthday, so my parents and sister will come over for pie that night. I love this holiday. Even more, I love hosting this holiday. This will be my third year and I'll be sad when it stops being my turn to host :)
Anyway. I won't be writing much this week as I'll be spending as much time with the family as I can soak up. I'm so excited.
In fact, I'm excited enough to host a give away - the first one ever!!!
Sometime next week I will have a drawing, all you have to do is leave a comment. I will give away a $5.00 gift card to Starbucks. Sorry, not much to jump up and down about, but it's the best I can do with my debt reducing budget for now :) Wait until I host my celebration giveaway!!! Stay tuned in 2011!!
Let's see, what should you comment about? Any guesses as to why I'm so excited about this purchase we made last Sunday? And what it has to do with Thanksgiving?
6 comments:
I'm not sure its legal to have Raegan sleep in that container, of course your husband should know, I'm just sayin'.
Is the container for Christmas decorations, which you are going to put up for Thanksgiving? I put my Christmas stuff up yesterday :)
my guess is that you plan on brining your turkey in that big grey bucket. I know that would excite me!
I was going to go with turkey brining too, but since that suggestion has been made, I'll go with...um, mashed potato serving dish? We need something darned near that size to hold the amount of mashed potatoes that my family is capable of consuming!
I'm going to guess that is your Christmas decorations or Christmas tree? :)
Way to go hosting Thanksgiving this year, momma-with-a-new-baby! That menu sounds delicious.
I'm thinking the container has table linens and decorations for Thanksgiving? Or maybe some clothes for the kids? I'd be excited about either of those :)
I am guessing that the tote is holding your new table linens for your Thanksgiving dinner!
Post a Comment