I had a few disasters: my deviled eggs were an absolute failure. Runny and goopy. My brother-in-law and father-in-law still ate a few and I snuck them in the trash soon after.
My wonderful, light, buttery rolls that always turn out great were solid as a rock when I went to punch down the dough. Into the trash they went and off to the store for Richard.
It was a lovely day.
Raegan enjoyed her position as queen of the meal
We were snapping photos all over the place before the turkey went in the oven...after a day of cooking, the camera was forgotten.
Anyway...the good stuff. The winner of the Starbucks coffee card is...
drum roll...
Amy E.!!!
Amy, go ahead and email me and we can figure out how to get it to you...and it doesn't have to be Starbucks...you can choose the place and I'll get it there.
Hope you all had a lovely holiday! I'm going to duck out for the rest of my family's visit. We have plenty of fun things to share!!
3 comments:
Poo! I could have used coffee today! HA! I am so glad your turkey turned out fabulous and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :) Love you, Bobo!
I'd never heard of the whole brining deal before, but it sounds like a good idea. I'll have to suggest that one to my mom for Thanksgiving next year, since I'm terrified and more than a little grossed out to cook the turkey myself: "I have to stick my hand where?! And take out what?!"
Good job, you!
Oh yay! I never win things! I'll email you! Glad to hear the turkey was a success! Sorry to be so slow checking in on your blog. I've been away from the computer enjoying family and fun for the last five days. Good times had by all!
Post a Comment