Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Confess...

It's time again to step into the confessional...

I confess that I actually wanted to write this all day yesterday and was way too busy...I confess that for the life of me, I can't think of what kept me so busy yesterday.

I confess that I tried to talk Richard into making the bonus room our room over the weekend. "We have to come downstairs for everything anyway, so it won't matter that our room doesn't have a bathroom or closet. It would be so neat! Come on!!!"

I confess that I also declared our family an "unplugged" family over the weekend as well (can you tell I was feeling ambitious?!). I told my husband that I think it would be best if Raegan only got to watch a half an hour (if any) of tv a day and that we could only watch a little in the evenings. I confess that, while we are still going strong on this, Richard seems to be having an easier time of it, than I.

I confess that over the weekend I talked Richard into watching "Elf" with me. I also confess that I literally got chills and butterflies just thinking about the Holiday season!

I confess that while I think the media is dramatizing the Swine Flu for a story, and my doctor told me that it's really not that big of a deal, I am still squeamish at the thought of getting it. I wash my and Raegan's hands all day and have been hiding in the house so we can avoid germs. I confess that when Richard walks in the door I wish I could spray him down with disinfectant. He does deal with some pretty nasty people after all...

I confess that I started helping at AWANA at church last night and had a great time. Except for the little girl who coughed into her hand then kept touching me...I wasn't freaked out about germs at all!! I confess that I had a hard time keeping a straight face when the same little girl tried to convince me that she was a professional bull trainer and that her daddy bought her a lawyer. Hmmm...I wonder if they lay down newspaper for the lawyer at night...?

I confess that I'm a little happy that Raegan has a diaper rash and we have to use disposables for a few days. Ok, I confess that I hate that the poor girl has a rash, but am ELATED to use disposables. Hoorah!!!!

I confess that I think my child is brilliant. She doesn't say very many words, but she is fascinated by letters. She can say and recognize: B, I, O, R, T, and U. I can't get her to learn them in order, I just wait until she is interested enough in a particular letter, then we review over and over. Her latest is "T". She loves the tapping noise we make for "T". I think she will read before she talks. If she ever decides to talk...

I confess that I get worried about how few words Raegan says compared to kids her age. I know I'm not supposed to be comparing, but this girl just isn't interested in English! She only talks in her own little language. Too bad I can't seem to pick up on it!!

I confess that I thought it was so cute when Raegan was playing in the kitchen yesterday. I also confess that I left in such a rush for AWANA, that poor Richard had to pick up this mess. And even though I know he didn't, I confess that I'm pretending he cleaned all these pots before they were put away:


I confess that I was panicked when Richard told me Harper slept the entire time I was gone last night. When I came home at 9 and she was wide awake, I wanted to weep. I am happy to confess that she fell asleep at 11 and slept all night. Ahhhhhh...I confess that 7 straight hours of sleep never felt so good!

I confess that I hear Raegan bashing around in her crib and I'm pretending not to notice so that I can get this done. Because this is sooooo important!

I confess that I fed my child beets for breakfast yesterday. And she asked for more. Head over to Riehl Mama to see why...

Ok...your turn. Confess!!

2 comments:

denise said...

No confessions from me today :)

It is pretty impressive that Raegan is learning her letters even before she wants to talk! One of my older brothers took a very long time to start talking. My parents even wondered if he was mentally slow! Now he has a Ph.D. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! (the diaper lady from Craigslist). It seems we like to follow the same type of blogs. Nice to have "met " you.