Saturday, October 24, 2009

Craigslist Makes Me Computer Weary

Hey there! I have been missing in action for quite a while. I have been avoiding blogs (hardly reading any!) and not able to come up with anything to say on mine. This happens now and again, and I am trying to tell myself that it is ok. Blogging is not the most important thing in life.
Really.
See how convinced I am?
One of the major reasons I have been computer weary is because I am Craigslist weary. Ugh. I mentioned earlier that Richard and I are in the midst of becoming debt free. Our situation is far too complicated to blog about (and also far too boring!). We basically talked to some of our debtors and made a deal with them. We will be totally free of half of our debt, but the catch is to pay it all in just a few months. Ahhhhh! This has me selling everything we own. It's just stuff. I'm pursuing financial freedom. Everything is worth selling for that.
Truth be told, I've eyeballed my sweet babies a few times...Hmmmm...
Ok, so lie be told, I've eyeballed them. Gasp. It makes me want to throw up just joking about that!!
Anyway. I hate craigslist. You get people who want your stuff...scam.
People who are really interested...scam.
Emails about families out in the cold...scam.
One interesting thing, however. I decided to sell our cloth diapers.
Whole other blog as to why...picture me cleaning out a diaper after First Born has been sick. As I'm down in the depths (literally) I look at my Newborn and realize I have at least 2 more years of this...ok, maybe another post isn't necessary. You get the idea. I wussed out!
Anyway, I decided it couldn't hurt to try to sell them on craigslist. I told Richard I would post them for a low amount. He told me to go higher at first, then lower the price.
I SOLD ALL OF THEM IN TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!! Used. Cloth. Diapers.
Wow.
I sold them for quite a bit, as well. Double what I had originally thought I could get for them.
Wow.
I just can't believe that out of all the things I'm selling: table, desk, entertainment center, tvs, Jeep, Motorcycle, some sweeeeet riding gear, and other such things, I had ladies clambering over each other for my used cloth diapers.
Go figure.
And if you don't believe me when I passionately say: sweeeeeeeeeeeet riding gear:

Isn't my helmet Gorgeous?! I love her!

No comments: