Sunday, September 6, 2009

Scenes from our Weekend

Last week, my family ventured out in search of some delicious chicken strips at a near-by restaurant. Having been craving the ooey gooey sauce that coats the "sticky fingers" for quite some time, it was so disappointing when we marched our brood (yes, now that I have two children I consider us a brood) into the place only to be informed that "due to unforeseen circumstances" they had to close for the night. As this was our first experience out and about, I momentarily wondered if a family with two small children coming to dine was the cause of such circumstances...after all they don't make "Big Sister" T-Shirts for any size below 3T (that I can find) because children aren't supposed to be so close together, so it must be inexcusable to teh rest of the world for us to be out in public..anywho...
I quickly realized that a restaurant would hardly close down simply because we had arrived. And I quickly forgave said restaurant when they handed us free coupons to come back another time to enjoy some sticky fingers on the house.
I forgot to mention that my parents and grandpa were with us at the time. We all went elsewhere and had a marvelous first night out with the chitlens.
Last night Richard and I decided to use our free coupons and my parents and grandpa wanted to join in the fun. Richard and I fed Raegan a little snack before we left since we were eating a late dinner. About 5 minutes from the restaurant, we were at a stop light, enjoying a Mark Schultz CD, when Richard and I heard coughing in the back and simultaneously turned to check on Raegan...just in time to watch her lose her snack all down her front. Ick.
We quickly pulled over, cleaned her up, walked her around for a bit and tried to decide if she was ok or not. She acted fine outside and panicked once she was in her car seat. Her demeanor spoke fine and miserable at the same time. We decided it would be better to just head home.
Ok, that's a lie. We went on ahead to the restaurant, changed her clothes and diaper, sat her in the high chair and then decided she was feeling really crummy and packed ourselves up and left. My wonderful family understood completely and even brought dinner out to us. They sat and watched Pooh with Raegan for a while and I was able to get some super cute pictures out of the incident.

She insisted on holding Mom and Grandpa's fingers the entire time. So cute.
* Note * She did get a raging fever all night, but showed no other signs of being sick and now, 24 hours later, it appears that her fever is gone. Phew! I was not up to the challenge of a sick toddler this week!
This morning Richard went to church while I stayed home with the girls. It was a nice trial run for when he goes back to work. Raegan still felt a little off so she sat next to me and we watched...what else? Pooh. I had Harper in my arm on one side and was scratching Raegan's back with my other hand...it was heaven.



I put Harper in her bouncy seat so I could be more hands on with Raegan for a while. It's so hard to keep an adoring, sick toddler from kissing her little sis. I was trying to teach her to blow kisses. I just loved that Harper -BarBar as Rae calls her- had eyes only for her Big Sister.
Sigh. All my good feelings were swept away from me this afternoon. Whenever Richard has a vacation or something he grows a goatee. I love this look on him. He had a goatee when I met him, but he can't have one at work. He is always teasing about growing a mustache...ugh...

In sickness and in health...for better of for worse...wonderful, clean shaven face or yucky mustache...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful mustache. I think he should have 100% support for his new look. Keep up the strong work Richard

Lisa said...

Ugh. We had the exact same stomach bug at our house. Not fun. I love the picture of Raegan sitting with your mom and your mom is tucking Raegan's hair back. So sweet!

Amy said...

Bar bar is soooo cute! I hope Raegan's all done with that bug! Chloe hasn't been sick yet, and the other day I was feeling crummy so I panicked and made her an appt for her immunizations (since she hasn't had her 1 year shots). Anyways, I'm so glad you are all well again, and I'm so sorry your hubby has to go away, and shave that fun goatee! When Andy was in the army it killed me to cut his hair so stinking army short at the end of each month. Once he was out it grew for probably 6 months...and found that can be a little much.. :)

denise said...

Why is there such a big difference between a goatee and a mustache?! Both are facial hair, but one looks cool while the other is...well, cheesy or downright creepy (not that I'm saying anything about the look your husband is sporting).

The Hairista said...

I am glad she is doing better and the fever is gone. I absolutely love the name "Bar Bar" :) Adorable!! I am not quite sure about that creepy looking mustache, but to each it's own haha! My man has a great gotee going on and when I say "great" I mean, it is massive, getting long and is gray. Shhh I didn't tell you that! ;)