Sorry, Angie, for copying. Too funny to pass up :)
If you run out in the evening to buy diapers, stop by your parents' house for a bit on the way home and receive frantic texts from your husband about the baby "hating him" and "screaming her lungs out" : you are on the right track. They will both sleep soundly through the night thanks to your selflessness. Way to go!
If you are a nursing mother and wake up in the middle of the night to the cat licking your shirt because you leaked, it is perfectly reasonable, and encouraged, to hurl her across the room with violent force and shudder in disgust for the next few hours. And shudder some more when you blog about it.
If you are a nursing mother and are getting ready to nurse the baby in front of your toddler and said toddler suddenly lunges, teeth first, towards exposed food source...see above lesson. Or just push her back and try to explain that she is too old, while laughing hysterically. And maybe start using the nursing cover even at home.
If you had/have all kinds of opinions and rules about the kind of mother you are going to be...just know that at some point, you will try to bribe your child to her her dinner with a cookie. Just accept it now with grace.
If you are deprived of sleep for a month or so and are suddenly given a deliciously long stretch of uninterrupted slumber, you will feel great and you will be terrified to have it snatched away from you...and will lose sleep the following night over fear of losing sleep...go figure.
If you list something for sale on craigslist, checking your email every 2 minutes will not make it sell faster.
Yes, Raegan, I will say no every time you try to color on your sister. Every. Time. Just move on, sweetie, and quit giving me that shocked look when I say no...
It is perfectly reasonable to snap photos of your daughter while she is in time-out. See prior post for proof.
If you try on pre-pregnancy clothes too soon after having a baby, you will look lumpy, you will feel gross and it will be a bad idea. Even if they fit a week ago...you just shouldn't play those games with yourself.
If you are in need of a good laugh, head over to Angie's blog to learn some lessons from her.
4 comments:
I love it!! So funny. I think that it is somehow a very therapeutic post. :) Thanks for the laughs.
That was great! Still smiling and chuckling...
Too funny!! I was laughing hard about the nursing incidents! I think I would have freaked if my cat had tried to get a snack off me too, or my teething toddler!!! AHHH!!!
I feel your pain about the selling stuff on craigslist, I sold a bunch of stuff last year and I would always sell something really fast and then expect the next thing to sell really fast as well and it would take days..which meant hundreds of times checking email while in wait.
Hahaha! So funny that I had to read it twice. Did your cat seriously do that?! Ew.
Post a Comment