Overheard at our house recently:
For Real, Kid? Ha! I mean Fo Riehl?! Ha, ha. Still, can you please eat?!
No George right now. Why can you say "George" clear as a bell, but "please" and "thank you" are beyond comprehension? Seriously!
Raegan, do not tell Mommy or Daddy "No!"
Raegan, leave the cat alone!!
Stupid Cat. Move!!!!
So, when are you going back to work exactly? Not that I don't like having you home...
Richard on the phone: "Yes, I'm calling to see if Dr. So&So can give me a referral for a Urologist?"
In the background: Harper having her most outspoken moment in life so far - in other words she was screaming bloody murder.
Me: "Hahahahahaahaaa!!! I wonder why we want a Urologist?! Hahahaha!!!"
(Note-we love our children very much. For many reasons that I will post about another time, we feel that we should not have any more of our own children. Mostly we want to leave our home and finances open to Foster care or adoption when the time is right.)
Oooph! Raegan, please don't jump on Mommy's tummy.
Raegan, leave the cat ALONE!!!
You want to hold baby sister?
I love you!
For Real, Kiddo? Why do you insist on eating then don't eat?! It hurts Mommy!
RAEGAN! LEAVE. THE. CAT. ALOOOONE!!!!
On the phone with a sweet friend: "Well, I'm doing pretty good with PPD this time. I forgot to change Raegan's diaper before grocery shopping and she had a lot of juice before we left, so she was damp when I put her back in the car. I might have been overwhelmed by that more than I should have been. And I got a little upset with Richard and threw my wedding ring across the room...but other than that, I'm doing GREAT!"
Ok, Sweetie. Mommy, really needs a nap and Daddy had to run to work. So Sister is going in her bassinet and you are going for some alone time in your crib. Trust me. Mommy will be so much more fun in just a little bit.
Me on the computer: "Hahahaha!! Oh, honey, I think I have a new friend. She's so funny!! (Denise: this is for you:
he was just sitting on my door step yesterday and I thought of your morbid thoughts!)
Richard: Oh, no. Estrogen Fest Part 2 is this nest week, isn't it?!
Me: Oh yeah! Wahoo!!!!
RAAAEEEGANNNN! GEEEET AWAAAAAAAY FROOOOM THE CAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you all this week?!
3 comments:
Hahaha! Our days sound a lot like that (ESPECIALLY THE CAT THING!). I just love the chaos of real life!
THAT was hilarious! XO
This was a great post. It cracked me up the whole way through. Well, not the whole way through...I didn't laugh at the parts about Raegan jumping on your stomach or Harper nursing. Ouch! (Just tonight I saw lanolin cream at the grocery store and cringed at the memories.)
I love that you took a picture of the praying mantis! Just for the record, I did NOT feed ours anything. Shiver. Those things really do creep me out.
Post a Comment