I don't have much time this morning I have fun things to share.
For starters, I just now noticed that I put my pj bottoms on backwards. Have been wearing them like this all evening, night and morning. Ha!
Today Richard and I are meeting this bloggy friend and her husband. She and I have been reading each other's blogs and messaging back and forth for some time. She is just too funny! Here are some samples of our conversations about our meeting today:
Me - So excited to meet you guys! I know it will probably be awkward for the guys and I'm a little self-concious so I'm thinking things like : what if I'm only cool on blogspot?! But it will be fun :)
D- I had to laugh because just last night I was feeling self-conscious about meeting you guys and I asked C if he thinks I'm the same way on my blog and in real life.
I'm sorry to tell you that we'll be disappointingly normal. If you'd like, I could wear something special (an 80's formal from Goodwill?) just to make the trip to the coffee shop more interesting. Then again, if there's any chance that pictures of this visit make it to either of our blogs, I'd rather not be commemorated in a shiny ruffled dress.
Me - I think the formal 80s gowns sounds great. I was thinking of wearing one of my outrageous bridesmaids dresses I have in my closet...so...
I was going to do laundry and figure out what I'm wearing and send a little note by Thursday, just in case we look totally different than our pictures. I keep thinking of ways to make us stand out
And I was planning an all out photo shoot for our blogs. I actually hired a photographer. Hope that's not awkward.
D - We could always plan matching outfits so we'll know how to recognize each other. That wouldn't freak out our husbands AT ALL. And think how nice it would look in the professional pictures.
Me - Dressing alike: I say we shoudl go for it to freak out the husbands. Now, what do you have from Motherhood Maternity?
D - Matching maternity clothes are a really good idea. Nothing wrong with wearing maternity clothes when you're still dropping the extra pregnancy pounds. Think I can use that excuse even though my kid is 3 (years, not months)? I do miss those pants with the super-stretchy material at the waist. Those could come in handy after my big dinner on Saturday night. Besides, they look really classy on non-pregnant women.
I'd say we are going to have fun at coffee today, what do you think? If you could meet any blogger, who would it be?
1 comment:
It was a fun date but it went too fast, don't you think? The guys even survived!
And yep, we crack me up.
Post a Comment