Friday, August 14, 2009

When...

It's never a good sign when...
- your ultrasound tech tells you that if your water breake, it could cause a small country to flood

- your husband catches the "yowsa!" look on your dr.'s face when she sees your chart

- your dr notices your husband watching her reaction and she makes a "sorry" face to him

- you see only your husband's face during all this and suddenly he laughs and you hear your dr shout "I'M SO SORRYYY!!!!" down the hall to you

- your nurse practitioner checks you and says: "I'm making you a two"

- your nurse practitioner tells you to go home and "get busy" with your husband-NOW

- she also tells you to get a foot massage as soon as possible

- she then proceeds to tell you the list of dr.s that will be on call this weekend

- you get your hopes up that with every one's reaction at today's visit, an induction is surely to come tomorrow...only to be told we can't be induced until next Friday

As you can probably guess, today's dr. visit was interesting. We had an ultrasound to measure Fo's fluid. High end of average is 26 cm. I am measuring 38 cm. Fo's tummy (that's the only part of her that was measured) is measuring 41 weeks. Every staff member I came across today (that had seen my chart) was very sympathetic and apologetic. My nurse practitioner could not believe that I was making jokes with them. I am miserable, but being cranky isn't going to help. I was checked today and am barely dialated to 2. A smidge more effaced than I was on Monday. I think she stripped my membranes. Whatever she did today, it hurt quite a bit!
I will for sure be induced next Friday if I don't have Fo before then. I'm praying I go into labor on my own. I don't sleep well the night before a regular appointment; the excitement and anxiety kill me! I can't imagine how I would be the night before a scheduled induction. I would rather it happen the normal way :) But, it is nice knowing that in no more than a week, my little girl will be here. Raegan will finally know what this "little sister" we've been talking about is. Everyone will finally know Fo's real name. We can begin to figure out life's new normal. I'm excited. And, believe it or not, a little sad to see it all end. It has been a fun pregnancy for the most part!
So this week I might blog endlessly about nonsense to ease my nerves or avoid the computer altogether. Either way, you will soon be reading about life with two babies and all the wonderful craziness that will bring!

2 comments:

Angie said...

It does hurt when you have your membranes stripped. They did that with Emma. Here's to praying it works and Fo shows herself this weekend. At least there is an end in sight :)

denise said...

Whenever you go a day or two without posting, I'm thinking that you had the baby and wondering if your husband will post about it.

You have the most interesting visits to the doctor :) I was cracking up by the time I got to the part about your husband laughing and the doctor is shouting "I'm sorry."