Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Estrogen Fest - Part 1

Richard dubbed this visit "Estrogen Fest". Jeni and her dear friend from home, LuAnn, (aka "Grandma LuLu") arrived very late Monday night (about 12:30 or so) and stayed to play yesterday. Jeni and our friend, Jacque, will be coming back through in about a month on Jeni's way home.
We had such fun despite being exhausted. I did waaaaay too much cleaning and running around before they got here (with much help from Richard - he is so good to me!) and then tossed until they got here (late!), then we all woke up early with our girls.
Raegan was a smidge overwhelmed. She woke up to two girls her age, playing with her toys, walking around looking exactly alike...she wasn't sure what to think. She had fun, then would get mad, then have fun. At one point early on, she hauled back and shoved one of the girls to the ground just for walking in the room. She also was extremely offended when they watched her movie with her. She ran up to the tv and covered it up. Lovely behavior right before little sister makes her grand entrance. Sigh. I've said it before: we are born sinners; no one has to teach us to be naughty. But I do have to teach my girl to have a loving heart and hopefully she will give that heart over to the Lord and Savior of all: Jesus Christ.



Raegan is actually trying to kiss them here. The girls weren't impressed at the moment!

Watching "Cars" for a mid-morning break.

We hauled the swimming pool out front since it's shady there in the afternoon. Grandma LuLu hopped right in there...


...while the rest of us sat in the shade and chatted. Our friend, Nicole, came over to play, as well as my mom. I had horrible allergies and my mom ran out to the store to get me some relief. She brought back tissues, medicine and push-ups! We had such fun!

Nicole's husband has one semester left of school and then they will probably try for kids. She is amazing with kids -well, just amazing in general! It's fun to watch her play with all the kids - she still has the energy!! Ha!

We really tried for tub pictures with the girls. One of Jeni's "yellow hairs" (as Richard called them!) had a horrible rash from being in the car so much and was in a lot of pain. So we had her color from outside.
It was so much fun having them here. Jeni and LuLu kept rubbing and scratching my back and telling me to sit down. I obliged sometimes, but I'm not good at sitting around with guests present. They saw my lazy side when Richard came home. He takes over Raegan duties while home so I can relax and try to get some rest back.
Richard's parents will be here tonight on their way home from the funeral. Not sure yet if they are staying beyond tomorrow. I think it would be hard for them to leave, but I know they've had a stressful week and they will be back after "Fo" is born. So we shall see!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So glad you had fun with your friends!

On a side note, I came into the room yesterday and found Aiden and Kenna with their heads bowed, eyes closed and hands folded, and Aiden was leading them in prayer for Raegan, Bethany and "the baby in Bethany's tummy." So, there's lots of prayer going on over here for you!