The first Thanksgiving after Bible college ended, Jeni and I were in separate schools far away and we convinced our families to get together for the holiday! It was such fun! She has been married for...uh...a while now (5,6,7 years?) and we were pregnant with our girls at the same time. When she called to tell me she was pregnant, I wept with joy. I had suffered a miscarriage about 5 months prior, but couldn't be happier for her. She had been nervous to tell me, but I was so excited! About a week later, I called her to tell her my baby was due a week after hers. We screamed together across the miles. Soon we found out she was having twins and I was thrilled for her. Richard and I were able to fly me out to visit her when we were both 6 months along. She lives in a small town and we were given some interesting looks walking around. People would just waltz up and say, "Ok. You're both pregnant. What's the story?" They would always be shocked to find out that our due dates were so close. Jeni is so small and gorgeous...she was tremendous with twins!
Anyway. I am just so excited that I get to see her tonight, so I wanted to talk about us a bit and show some past pictures. She will be here late tonight, stay tomorrow and head for her folks' house early Wednesday morning. My in-laws will be here Wednesday night and they claim they are only staying that night, but I don't believe it for a minute! So I might not get to update for a bit, but with Jeni on the way, I'm sure there will be fun pictures posted when I can!
I am feeling too lazy to put these pictures in correct order and I accidently uploaded them wrong - sorry!

Jeni in a nutshell - being goofy and making people laugh
We thought it would be funny to measure the heighth of her tummy
Jeni usually thinks of fun, silly things to do
And I usually giggle and follow along
In college Jeni and I were always taking "belly pictures" like this together. We always wanted to be pregnant together and I'm amazed we were!
My Jeni girl :)
Raegan and I got to visit Jeni last summer when she was at her parents' house. We also spent one night with our friend, Jacque, and her cute kiddos. When Jeni comes back through on her way home (in about a month) Jacque will be with her. She is just as wild and goofy. We always joke that we will be old biddies with those two being crazy and me (and another friend of ours) will just be giggling in our rocking chairs.
Our girls. Piper, Eadi and Raegan (not in that order - I'm still working to tell the twins apart!)
We changed our girls outside and decided to gt some bribery pictures for later!
The End!
No comments:
Post a Comment