Last night I felt the same with FO and I was so disappointed to feel that way again. In fact, all day yesterday I felt sad and panicked. I cried while we were getting ready to leave the hospital. Things kept preventing us from leaving and it was a little chaotic and LM was crying because she needed a nap. Poor Mr had many crying women on his hands yesterday! My parents brought us dinner and I cried and cried. Eventually I went to lie down and got through the evening just fine.
Fo did great last night. She slept for 3 -4 hours at a time in the hospital and suddenly last night she wanted to eat EVERY HOUR! Finally, at 2:30am, I thought "Wait! At the hospital she was always swaddled!" I swaddled her up and she slept for 3 hours! Ahhhhhhh! LM hated being swaddled so I never considered it. After a big chunk of sleep after that and a few naps today, I feel like a new woman. I didn't sleep at all in the hospital - for some reason I'm embarrassed to be caught sleeping by the nurses, so I never can fall asleep. Isn't that just the silliest?! So after I relaxed and napped here, I know I can do this. I want to do this. I know the bluesy emotions that come after having a baby will fade. Praise God for His provision and understanding.
LM is loving her sister! She wants to hold her all the time. She didn't sleep great this weekend, either, and with all the change, I thought her weepy, dramatic mood would last forever. But she has had great naps and long nights of sleep as well and is herself again. She is desperate to see and hold FO and I love that. It's a bit challenging to explain "fragile" and "needs to breathe" to a 20 month old, but...we will get it all worked out :)
Mr has two weeks off of work and can take more if I need him to, so I am ready to get into our new rhythm.
She loves to lie side by side on the couch. It's so sweet!
Leaving the hospital.LM was a little distracted and I was soooo ready!!!
3 comments:
I'm so happy for you that Harper is sleeping well! But I'm sad that you're struggling with the baby blues. My daughter was born in January and I had the SAME trouble with panicking in the evening. I always thought I was strange and that the "baby blues" were supposed to be like depression instead of anxiety.
You're so right that this time will pass, even though it's hard right now. I'm definitely praying for you. Oh, yeah...I might be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks and it would be so fun to see you if you're up to it. We can talk about it on FB :)
She's beautiful!
I know the feeling of dreading the nights. Try to not "worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will hold its own problems." Just enjoy the moments she falls asleep and then (as much as possible) get some rest yourself.
Hang in there, mama! You're doing great!!!
I had more trouble with the baby blues the second time around. It didn't last long, and it probably will go away quickly for you, too. If you need anything at all, we're just a stone's throw away, so don't hesitate to ask! I'm glad you're home!
Post a Comment