Anyway. I'm sure she is just fine and, like I said, we have no problem communicating. She does know some sign language and uses it quite well. That said, my Dad knows how I feel in this area and is always encouraging me that she's just fine. He helped us a lot with Raegan while we were in the hospital. He stayed at our house so that she could sleep in her own bed, let her enjoy simple mornings at home, as well as take naps, brought her to the hospital to visit and back again. He and my mom and grandpa took Raegan out to meals and brought food for Richard each day. They were wonderful. My Dad also decided that maybe another person working with Rae on her speech would be helpful. He was right. Since I've had Harper, "Bambi", "Pooh", "More", and "Raegan" have made a strong appearance in her speech. She has also been putting words together now. Unfortunately the strongest set is "No, Mommy".
The number one word Raegan learned this weekend? "Mine!" Ugh!!!!!! I avoided saying that word to her for soooo long because I knew I would hate this phase! Everything is now Raegan's, along with a hearty helping of sass. Sigh!
I am so grateful, despite this fun stage that we are entering, that she loves her sister. The other night I was in our bedroom and I heard Rae get upset and Richard (who was holding Harper) say: "Raegan, Harper is not just yours. You have to share!" I laughed so hard I think I popped a stitch! Here are some more pictures of our new family adjusting.
2 comments:
Delicious.... delicious post, delicious pics. I eat up your tellings of your life. Love you so much. Praying for you as you fight the blues away and cherish your life as the wife of Richard and mommy of Rae and Harper! XOXOXOXO
What a wonderful extended family you have! I love that your dad stayed with Raegan at your home and your parents took care of meals, etc. Very sweet.
Post a Comment