Still in the hospital on my dad's laptop. Just thought I would update blog world. The short of things:
Yesterday morning it took three attempts to get an IV in...one collapsed vein and one blown vein...
Had to break my water earlier than planned to put a monitor in baby's head...
Literally could have flooded a small country: nurse said in 12 years she has NEVER seen so much fluid..."I've got a river of life flowing out of me" came to mind...
Baby's heart interesting...
Mommy has to pee...
Baby's heart rate dropped...
Mommy is rushed, on hands and knees, to the OR for an emergency C-Section...
Told that I will be put to sleep while they get baby...
Baby's heart gets better in OR, so Doc decides not to operate...
Told I had to have an epidural just in case we have to rush again...
Hours later...no change in dilation...
Much stronger contractions are encouraged...
Still no change...
Given the option to sit up and try for another hour...
Epidural wears off and I can feel baby pushing on my hip...
Most pain I've ever felt in my life...
Still no change...
Baby has to come out...
Baby was trying to come out face first...stuck in my pelvic bone...
Baby is born with lots of mucus in her lungs...
Takes FOREVER for her to cry...
She heads to NICU for a few hours...
Fo Bear comes to visit me in recovery. 8 lbs, 2oz, 20 in. Lots of dark hair. Smooshed face. Beautiful girl. Soft and pink and wonderful.
I will post more details later...when we're home. We are in the hospital until Monday at least.
Thanks for your prayers. In the midst of some frightening moments yesterday, God's peace was heavy upon me. How great is our God?
3 comments:
Congratulations!!!! Our little girl came Aug 14th and was 7 lb 14 oz and 20 inches long. Her name is Emily Joy.
I hope you are feeling good today and able to enjoy your little girl.
We are blessed!!!!!!
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Seriously, I have been checking your blog and my e-mail about 20 times a day since Friday morning, and we have been praying, praying, praying. Thank God!
Wow, what a journey you had through that delivery! I imagine that was pretty emotional. Praise God that you and Harper are safe and sound.
Post a Comment