So here goes Not Me Thursday:
I have NOT let Raegan watch outrageous amounts of cartoons this week. I do NOT enjoy just lounging on the couch with her while Pooh and Nemo keep her happy and occupied. I totally realize that there is nothing good about her watching so many cartoons in one day (let alone 4 days in a row) and would NEVER give in...Not Me!
I have not been bouncing with all my might on a birthing ball to try to break my water. Nor have I been...how do you say...concentrating really hard when I go pee hoping my water will just burst. That's just silly. I would never do those things. Not Me!
I was not half an hour late to a play date yesterday because I forgot that I needed to get gas. I did not use my debit card at the pump only to have it rejected because it had expired and the bank hadn't sent me a new one yet. I was not thankful to have cash with me. I did not consider for even one second leaving the car locked with air conditioning running for Raegan so I could just run inside to pay. I did not decide that was a bad idea, grab Raegan and take her inside with me. I did not step through the door and feel like I was about to wet myself. I did not get into the gas station bathroom and notice that Rae had take her shoes off in the car. I did not then keep Raegan on my lap while I took care of business and try to pull up my preggo pants with one hand...Not Me!!
I was not totally relieved at our friends' house to let Raegan just play and laugh while I chatted and laughed with my friend. I did not want to stay all afternoon and maybe the night as well...Not Me!!
I did not then scrounge in my wallet for $2.00 in cash so I could get a treat from Sonic during their Happy Hour. I did not mention this to Richard and he did not meet me there so he could by me said treat. At Sonic I did not park in one of the slots where a girl has to run out in the heat and bring me my treats, instead of politely using the drive-thru or walk up window. I did not only order a drink for me, one for Richard, and an order of tater tots. I did not sheepishly thank the poor girl who did not have to bring us our small order. I did not love the look on her face when she came out and there was a cop standing next to my window, just chatting. I did not enjoy seeing my husband for a few minutes in his uniform for the 2nd time this week. "Hummina Hummina" did not run through my mind! Not Me!
I was not then selfishly delighted that Raegan was asleep in the backseat so I got all the tater tots and Cherry Limeade to myself. I was not bummed when she woke up before we got home and I had to share my drink. I am her mother and I love to share with her all the time. I didn't even consider hiding the drink in the fridge until after she went to bed. Not Me!
Last night when Richard announced in disgust that there was going to be a two hour special on the mom with octuplets, I did not quickly ask him to DVR it. I did not then stay up way later than Richard to watch the special. I did not get annoyed and morbidly interested in this woman's life and personality. I have no interest in things like that and do not give in to sensationalizing stuff just for entertainment. I did not go to bed and dream that I was having quintuplets tomorrow...Not Me!
I did not repeatedly nudge and shake Richard every time he began to snore last night. I did not flop around in bed in a huff if he started up again and it took me a while to jar him out of it. I am not that selfish and understand that my husband has every right in the world to sleep in peace! Even if that includes snoring! I would never try to wake him up for my own comfort. Not Me!
While typing this post, I did not have a little girl wander over to me with her blankie and ask to sit in my lap. I did not stop writing so I could hold her close, smell her hair, ask her questions and just enjoy the nearness of her. I was not bummed when she had had enough after about 2 minutes. I did not cherish and adore those two minutes with every inch of my being. Not Me!!
And lastly, I am NOT freaking out about the induction tomorrow. I am not having visions of everything going wrong and something bad happening to me or the baby. I'm not being extra melencholy today. I slept perfectly fine last night and know that I will sleep great tonight. I would never lose sleep over this. Not Me!
I am not including this picture my mom took of me on Sunday to show the largeness that exists! I was not actually smiling for this picture only to be ordered by my mom to look miserable. I would never post such an unflattering picture on my blog. Ever! Not Me!
Anyone else Not having an interesting week?
2 comments:
I have not told you already and not possibly more than once, how much I do not totally love these Not Me posts of yours.
I did not use the excuse that things were about to get crazy around here with school and work, to do pretty much nothing the last couple of weeks since vacation.
I was not dreading this week, b/c I agreed to babysit a friend's 3 yr old for 4 days from 6:45am to 6pm, in addition to my usual little 18 month old charge two of those days.
I was not misdirecting my... irritation, or short-temperedness, onto my dear sweet husband and children.
I did not eat too many no-bakes last night after Nate and I made them.
I did not sigh disappointedly when my friend called to say she was not putting off the garage sale, but indeed having it and we could bring over our stuff last night and tonight and start setting up.
I did not look up some properties in the Boise area yesterday online, just for fun, even though we are no where near ready for that information.
I did not copy into my journal this am from My Utmost for His Highest, that we must 'simply ask the Lord to give you Christ-awareness and He will steady you until your completeness in Him is absolute.'
XOXO
and finally, I CANNOT wait to hear about your little one being born and her fo' real Riehl name. ;-)
Love ya!
Funny post! I love your expression in that picture. Priceless.
I'm praying that you will have a safe and healthy delivery tomorrow. I can't wait to hear all about it (you'll blog it soon, right??) and see pictures of that sweet baby.
Post a Comment