I feel that my blogs are taking on a whiny vibe these days. I'm certainly not meaning to whine. But I have been. So many things going on and so many hormones mounting inside me are not good combinations. But that's no excuse.
Richard's parents came into town last night on their way to the funeral and it was a wonderful evening and morning. We chatted for a few hours last night and we let Raegan stay up late. This morning I made cinnamon rolls and we all stood around the island in our kitchen enjoying some time together. I know my in-laws are in for a stressful week, so I hope they had a peaceful few hours here.
They certainly didn't have a peaceful drive.
We received a call yesterday that they had been in a wreck. A small one, but it was a doozy of a story.
They were on the freeway in Utah and the car to their right decided to come into their lane - rather into them. She merged right into them. Fortunately, my father-in-law is a retired police officer who is an amazing driver. He was wise enough to turn into her instead of being pushed into oncoming traffic.
I'm sure some grumbling was taking place in the car while they made way to the off ramp to exchange information.
I don't even want to know what words were said when they saw her wait for them to slow down then take off like a shot down the freeway.
She didn't know who she was messing with.
My in-laws caught up to her and she eventually pulled over.
Her first words? "I wasn't trying to run!"
My mother-in-law said it was hard not to laugh when a frail old lady, literally from Pasadena, stepped out of her car.
She kept saying they were in her blind spot.
After talking for a while they both noticed that her left eye was quite droopy and a little glazed.
So she meant her literal blond spot.
Well, I guess next time they will know better...
Anyway. We all laughed and laughed. My mother-in-law was laughing really hard. God really took care of them, but He also gave them some comic relief before the long week they are about to embark on.
A fellow blogger (Grace Upon Grace) recently posted about perspective. I've been slapped in the face with perspective lately.
Take for instance the enormous crack of thunder that just boomed outside as I was writing that. It was so loud I jumped. What an awesome God we have!
That's perspective.
I receive email updates each day for a little girl that is fighting a brain tumor.
That's perspective.
A little boy went missing in our area last week and was found dead a few days ago. They are investigating his death as a homicide.
That's perspective.
I have a nice home, food in my pantry, clothes on my back, a thriving little girl napping in her crib and another wiggling away in my belly. I have a husband who loves me and works hard so I can stay home. He appreciates what I do throughout the day. I serve a God that would rather sacrifice His own son then let me be separated from Him.
That's perspective.
Thanks, Denise, for the reminder.
3 comments:
Thanks for putting "perspective" in perspective. (And that was a great thunderstorm!)
I'm glad that my randomness and ramblings were helpful :)
I had to laugh at the story of your in-laws' car accident. (That sounds horrible, doesn't it?) You just paint such a funny picture of your father-in-law chasing down the elderly lady with the literal blind spot. Oh my word!
Wow! I have been complaining about not having everything ready for the baby and not being able to find what I need in our small town. I do have such a wonderful life! Thank you for the reminder.
Post a Comment