Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Interesting

It's interesting to me how I can take a tiny phrase given by a doctor and make it into something he/she never intended it to be. When Richard and I went for our first appointment during our pregnancy with Raegan, we were told that our due date was December 28th. My Dr. laughed and said, "That's the only time I will induce before 39weeks: for Christmas babies. Babies shouldn't have to compete with Christmas."
I heard:
"Come in December and I will induce you whenever you want."
So at 37 weeks, I felt that I was done and asked if we could be induced. She checked me and said that my body wasn't ready. An induction at that time would have been signing me right up for a C-Section. Grrr. I left her office that day saying all kinds of things to Richard I didn't mean. I want a new Dr. next time. What does she know? Forget her years of medical school and daily experience with pregnant women: I had read books for heaven's sake!!!
Fast forward to last Friday. We started discussing baby's size and I joked (only I wasn't joking really) that they should just go take her out now.
Dr: "Naw, I don't induce before 39 weeks."
I heard: we won't let you go past 39 weeks.
Now I know myself and I know that I twist things, so today I went in with lots of questions and left with very positive, very disappointing answers.
No, she has no plans to induce me, even if baby keeps getting bigger. She will probably let me try natural on my own, knowing that I might not be made to get this baby out without some assistance. She checked me today and I am 1cm, thick and baby is high. Blah, blah, blah...Sigh.
Based on that information, we are trying to decide if Richard should go to the funeral for his grandpa or not. We are both torn. Baby is most likely not coming, but I am terrified that my water will break or my next NST (non stress test) will be bad and they will do an emergency C-section while he's gone. I love my mom, but I don't want her by my side - I want my Richard. So it's been an interesting day. His parents will be here tomorrow night on their way to the funeral, then they will be back through on their way back home. Hopefully we will have more answers then.
Today -this week really- has been quite emotional (that's one way to drain my fluids: give me reasons to cry like the pregnant baby I am! :) ) so after a nice long nap for all of us (ok, mine might have been unbelievably long-Richard has been amazing when he's home and let's me take lots of breaks) I decided Raegan and I needed to play outside in her pool. Unfortunately I got stung by a bee which made me wince every time a flying bug came anywhere near Raegan, so we packed up earlier than usual and I let her play in her tub instead. Whew! It's been a day!

See it? That booger got me right on top and left a nasty red bump for a while. Baking soda paste took care of it, though.

Raegan was much more interested in eating ice than playing, so it was easy to get her inside.


The artist at her finest.


Too bad I can't frame it! And too bad I actually have to clean it up! I would normally pretend it wasn't there for a long time, but when company is coming I have to face reality. Probably for the best!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

aw.
1. how cute are your feet!
2. :( sorry for you and these days...
3. but! count your blessings sweet, sweet friend! Your God loves you and has good plans for you, Richard, Raegan, and FO!!
XOXO
Love and prayers~