Monday, August 17, 2009

Ding Dong Snatcher

I've been going stir crazy in our house the last few weeks. I want to play with Raegan and make sure she gets lots of energy out each day. But I am so tired and feeling so ginormous...bending over is a huge chore. Richard has been amazing and wonderfully understanding. Last weekend we took Raegan to our favorite park and I snapped photos while they played.
A funny side story. It was Sunday and Richard and I had stopped by my parents' house on our way home from church to use their potty. They weren't there and I grabbed a handful of candy (they always have candy!) and a bottled water for me and soda for Richard. Things I would do if they were there and knew they wouldn't care about. Anyway, while at the park my dad started texting me messages like: "We know it was you". I quickly assured them that, yes, I was the one who had been there (they knew because I left the seat down and according to them, "old folks" don't have time to deal with lifting the lid once they are "in position". Ew, I know. But if I have to be grossed out, I'm taking y'all down with me!) and yes, I took candy and beverages.
My dad then texts: "No, you took the last ding-dong. Mom knows one was there before she went to bed and now it's gone!"
We went back and forth forever with me declaring my ding-dong snatching innocence and my dad teasing me about stealing it.
After the park, Richard and I went on a mission to buy my mom more ding-dongs (even though WE didn't touch them!). Can you believe that we couldn't find them anywhere? We went to their house to deliver a Raegan kiss to them instead...and to steal more soda, water and candy. I opened my mom's pantry, determined to find that blasted missing ding-dong. I found even better. A box with THREE ding-dongs in it was sitting on the bottom shelf in plain view. Apparently mom had rearranged her pantry, lost track of the yummy snack, saw that El-fatto had stopped at her house to use the potty (as usual) and quickly cast blame on me. We all had a good laugh.
Anywho...maybe that's just funny to us. But I warned that this week my posts would be pretty silly and meaningless. I'm on a four day countdown and my nerves are shot, so bear with me!!! And enjoy some pictures from our evening at the park.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

You've got to be sooooo glad to only have four days left, but I'll bet they'll be the longest four days of your life!

And your ding-dong story made me all sentimental. I haven't had one of those for probably 20 years!

denise said...

Funny story and cute pictures. I'm thinking that you've just solved the mystery of why the toilet lid is always up at my parents' house. (And don't you love how your parents will share that type of information with you without even batting an eye?)